Synthetic Products Group Strats - Assoc/VP level
The Synthetic Products Group desk writes swaps on Equities to their Prime Brokerage clients and other market counterparties. The strat team is responsible for tools to price and risk manage these positions, including the management of stock inventory and capital. The role involves:
- Developing models to evaluate the cost of inventory and financing
- Building and maintaining trading and risk management platforms
- Optimising internal positions for use in financing strategies
- Building tools for traders, sales and strats to visualise all of the above
Successful members of the team hold Masters and Doctoral degrees in Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, and many other fields.
Although the work performed by Strats is financial in nature, applicants need not have specific financial knowledge or experience to apply. As a business unit, they are interested in bright individuals who have advanced mathematical and computational backgrounds and a willingness to learn about finance.
You must possess skills in several of the following areas:
- Mathematics: Understanding of partial differential equations, time series analysis, statistics and numerical techniques.
- Technology: Experience of object oriented design, implementation of optimization algorithms and working in different programming languages.
- Finance: Understanding of market dynamics and conventions, and of different products' behaviors and specifications. An understanding of financing markets or the Prime Brokerage business would be beneficial.