Syndicate Reporting Manager
A large London Market Insurance Group have a great opportunity for a Reporting Manager to join a very efficient and dynamic team. Working with the Head of Syndicate Reporting, you will manage the production of the external Lloyd's reporting for the syndicates, and the role includes the management of a high performing team of accountants and account assistants. You will work closely with different areas of the business such as actuarial, underwriting, claims, MI, group finance, treasury and investments, as well as all business units using syndicate capacity.
- Manage all aspects of the production of Lloyd's regulatory returns (QMA, QMB, US and CAD Trust reporting, TPD, GQD, F&P, TRIA, BEAT, SIS), ensuring all external deadlines are met in a timely manner.
- Manage the production of the annual syndicate accounts, both on an annual basis and the underwriting year accounts.
- Work closely with the Head of Reporting in managing the quarterly and yearly close process ensuing all external deadlines to Lloyd's are met.
- Working closely with the Finance Operations Manager, ensure sign-off of all key Balance sheet financial reconciliations is completed, prior to using the syndicate Trial Balances for external reporting.
- Alongside the Head of Reporting, become a subject matter expert for any projects relating to syndicate reporting such as the Finance Transformation Project and other group wide projects.
- Working closely with the Head of Reporting, build a controlled and sustainable reporting framework post the implementation of Oracle, which meets the syndicates & reporting needs in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Work closely with the Director of Syndicate Finance and the Head of Reporting in developing and enhancing the syndicate financial control framework.
- Manage, coach and develop the team whilst maintaining high manager effectiveness.
- Manage the relationship with the auditors ensuing audit queries are answered and closed off in a timely manner.
To be considered for this role, you be a qualified accountant and/or have relevant demonstrable experience in a senior accounting role. Lloyd's experience is a must as you will need a strong grounding in syndicate accounting and Lloyd's regulatory returns.