Associate, Debt Syndicate will work within the Syndicate/FI Trading team responsible for supporting origination and execution of Eurobonds, ECP, relevant private placement issues and liability management transactions for clients in Russia, CIS, CEE, and other VTB Capital target geographies. The candidate will work in close cooperation with the DCM, Sales and Trading teams operating principally out of London. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain substantial exposure to the flow of debt markets transactions, develop a broad skillset while providing essential support to the team.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Contributing to new business origination and live deal execution as assistant to the desk head
- Support in pricing, pitch preparation, dealing with sales personnel and potentially investors
- Settlement and book reconciliation support
- Supporting the team with record-keeping and compliance with internal procedures
- Assisting in driving deals to a successful conclusion
The successful candidate will be expected to be capable of working independently with a high level of self-discipline. Special attention will need to be given to attention to detail, checking one’s work and keeping to tight, and often fluid, deadlines in a pressurised environment.
Key Competencies & Qualifications
- Key competencies and qualifications required:
- Minimum of 3-4 years of financial (preferably debt) markets experience
- Self-discipline and high integrity
- Strong analytical ability and intellectual curiosity
- Assertive nature and willingness to stand firm on one’s views