- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
Sustainable Investment Analyst
Sustainable Investment AnalystTeam Overview
Schroders is looking for an outstanding analyst to join our sustainability research team. Environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues are quickly becoming more important to us and our clients. Companies compete in a fast changing world in which their abilities to adapt to social and environmental change are becoming increasingly important to their profitability and values. We are committed to building the leading research and investment process that embeds understanding of these trends across the funds we manage.
The sustainability research team identifies structural social and environmental trends, examines their effects on industries and businesses and works with colleagues across investment desks, assets classes and regions to integrate that analysis into our investment processes and ownership. We engage companies on those issues and explain our views, conclusions and actions to our clients.
The successful candidate will work with investors across our business to help support and drive change. Reporting to the Head of Sustainable Research, they will also work closely alongside other ESG analysts, both internally and externally, as well as engaging directly with companies themselves.
The role will include, but isn't limited to:
• Specific responsibility for sustainable research on at least two sectors. Develop understanding of valuation implications and best practice on issues for those sectors.
• Writing at least two thematic reports a year, examining the impact of sustainability issues on investment decisions. Topics are varied but must involve independent thought and research.
• Building effective relationships with Schroders analysts across regions and asset classes which enable an ongoing dialogue and integration of ESG factors into investment decisions.
• Engaging with companies - individually or through collaboration - on ESG issues across regions, taking ownership of corporate relationships and tracking the impact of this over time.
• Involvement in at least one outside investor group.
• A passion for building new insights into the effects of global trends on company values.
• Previous analytical experience (this may be from an investing or a consulting background).
• Understanding of financial theory, financial statements and modelling practice.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to handle data effectively.
• Evidence of independent thought.
• Collaborative approach to work.