Support Manager - Technology Services
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Technology power's Standard Chartered Bank's vision and strategic agenda through the provision of innovative and efficient technology solutions; we will deliver greater value to our business stakeholders, improve the skills and flexibility of our people and work more effectively with our internal and vendor service partners.
You will be joining a technology support team spread across multiple geographies, primarily supporting MTS (Money Transfer System) which is implemented in the US, European markets and Japan, as well as global Swift Messaging systems that support the banks entire Swift messaging. The role will demand in depth knowledge in MTS, he ability to work within 24x7 global support team, knowledge sharing and eagerness to learn.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- SME for MTS (Money Transfer System) to provide all-lines (1st-3rd) BAU support to the Cash business
- Change coordination and implementation. Adhere to Change Control and Fault Reporting Procedures
- Participate in BCP/DR exercise
- Performance/stability reviews/improvements
- incident management
- Problem Management and Root Cause Analysis
- Put forward ideas to improve automation and efficiency and take ownership through to implementation
- Drive Delivery teams to provide fit-for-purpose solutions as required
- Work closely with SD/Database/Network /Infrastructure teams to improve platform service offering
- Work out-of-hours/weekends as required
- Travel when required
Our Ideal Candidate
We are looking for candidates that align to our culture and values, which are an important part of who we are and what we stand for as an organisation. To be considered as a candidate, you will be required to complete a Culture Fit Assessment - this is an online assessment of your alignment and behavioral fit to our culture. The test takes approximately 30 minutes to completes and is mandatory. After your application you will get the link to the test to your mailbox. Should you not complete this assessment, you will be considered as not meeting the requirement of the role.
- University Diploma or degree preferred but not essential
- Banking/Finance Industry experience essential
- Excellent communication, both written and verbally
- Should have been in application support for a minimum of 5-6 years and experience to support payment systems is added advantage
- Strong technical skills on Unix, MQ, Oracle, WebServices and Java
- Knowledge of monitoring & job scheduling tools like ITRS, BMC & Control-M
- Knowledge of Swift messaging systems an advantage
- Knowledge of the MTS/ ACE / Pelican / Prognosis a strong advantage
- Able to self-manage with strong collaboration skills and able to interact effectively with others
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and deliver
- Ability to resolve incidents and manage problems
- Team player
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.