Would you like to help implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve the world's most complex technical problems? Do you have a deep passion and desire to engineer and operate the world's largest cloud computing infrastructure to provide a better world for future generations?
Amazon Web Services is seeking top industry technical expert to grow our team dedicated to expanding our cloud service lines to our customers. We are seeking a talented engineer skilled in the art of integration who understands the Agile mindset and DevOps philosophies, yet is not constrained by how "things are usually done" and is willing to decompose and reinvent systems, processes, and tools. We're looking for a technical expert for one of the largest compute services on the planet; if you possess that rare mix of depth in Development, Operations, Networking, and Systems Engineering then we are waiting for your application.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History." On a "typical" day engineers might deep dive to root cause a customer issue, investigate why a metric is trending the wrong way, consult with the top engineers at Amazon, or discuss radical new approaches to automate operational issues.
You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing. You'll be surrounded by people who are smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class service is critical to customer success. You'll become a master at platform diagnosis, response, measurement, and automation.
Our support engineers spend time:
• Maintaining the world's most advanced cloud computing infrastructure
• Investigating system variances about to affect major services worldwide and solving them proactively before impacting customers.
• Diving deep into service interdependencies and region specific configurations to find the root of a problem
• Studying and learning from industry recognized Amazon distinguished engineers.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a relevant criminal check. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience
• Proven experience with Linux
• Proven experience of Agile methods and processes experience
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
• Strong sense of ownership and urgency
• Strong debugging and systems analysis skills to be able to identify and quickly resolve/mitigate issues
• Excellent troubleshooting skills at all levels, from application to network to host PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Advanced degree in Computer Science or an Engineering discipline
• 3+ years of Linux experience
• 3+ years of Agile methods and processes experience
• Exposure to massive-scaled distributed systems
• Experience with SQL scripts and database administration
• Experience in a 24x7 production environment, esp. one based on Linux
• Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, architecture, and core technologies (such as DNS, DHCP, HTTP, Routing, VPN)
• Knowledge of configuration management systems, such as: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or related systems