Supply Chain Manager - Third Party Logistics for Deployment team
DESCRIPTION Amazon is seeking an experienced and business oriented supply chain and third party logistics manager to lead the front end for the supply chain and long lead strategy for the continued expansion of robotic automation across our EU fulfillment network.
Successful candidates will have Supply Chain, Economics, and Engineering Program experience.
The role will understand the details of Amazon Fulfillment Center Automation design, implementation and deployment methods as well as a good understanding of supply chain what will support the deployments. This individual will partner with procurement and supply chain teams in North America and Europe.
This involves developing detailed delivery plans in coordination with customs, vendors and stakeholders, aligning with Amazon teams and schedule commitments ahead of deployment. The RDE (robotics deployment engineering) supply chain and third party logistics manager will drive an invent and simplify strategy, will have high work capacity while being detailed oriented and agile to manage business changes and keep driving the initiatives. This individual will be interfacing with and driving various functional teams and individuals at all levels of the organization in order to be successful.
You will travel moderately (15%) to locations in Europe and occasionally to international sites.
Main Responsibilities -
• Work with internal Amazon teams and external vendors to deliver the deployment plan.
• Lead overall end-to-end project planning, through scoping and analysis to start of material delivery.
• Engage key internal and external stakeholders to align on long term automation program execution.
• Evaluate and simplify current working procedures and improve organization team structure.
• Structure and organize third party deployment organization to support the deployment plan.
• Present and defend project proposals to senior leadership teams.
• Engage vendors and procurement teams to develop frugal long term relationships with automation and equipment providers.
• Deep dive on organizational details and lead problem resolution on a need basis.
• Communicate project status, drive and elevate decision making and help requests.
• Lead critical path schedule items and escalate to leadership on potential risks and delays.
• Coordinate material delivery through customs and support vendors with customs clearance.
• Assist in engineering capacity and deployment management for EU.
• Assist in providing equipment projections to procurement and partner for best value and competition.
• Coordinate information between various teams in the organization.
• Own the supply chain for technology innovations and solutions on a need basis.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Experience leading overall end-to-end project planning, through scoping and analysis to start of material delivery.
• Experience managing third party deployment organizations.
• Experience with creating and defending project proposals to senior leadership teams.
• Experience coordinating material delivery through customs and supporting vendors with customs clearance.
• Experience with engineering capacity and deployment management.
• University Degree, B.S. or Master, in Engineering (or science/technology).
• Fluent spoken and written English.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Proven leadership experience in development and implementation in supply chain.
• Proficiency using MS Excel, AutoCAD, MS Project and related software.
• A plus is speaking other EU languages and specifically German, French or Spanish
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success.
We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.