Supply Chain - Inventory Management Team Leader
We are seeking a multifaceted problem solver with managerial expertise, passion for logistics and an expertise for delivering outstanding customer service to lead Bloomberg's EMEA Supply Chain Hardware Management team. This person will oversee our inventory and manage the reverse logistics of our equipment for both our internal and external stakeholders. You will use your crafted relationship building skills and networking abilities to partner with stakeholders both in and outside of Supply Chain to optimize Bloomberg's equipment returns support for our customers. The Opportunity:
Reporting to the EMEA Supply Chain Lead, you will interact regularly with customers, vendors, third-party providers, senior management, finance functions, and leadership across all levels in the organization. You will be involved in complex client and logistical matters that require a sophisticated, analytical approach. Specifically, you will interface closely with our clients to understand their operational needs and build and implement an efficient equipment receive, swap, and return strategy, including the creation and implementation of hardware self-service capabilities. We'll trust you to:
You'll Need to be:
- Provide effective managerial oversight and leadership including talent development, counselling, training, and performance reviews
- Maintain outstanding customer service for internal and external customers
- Evaluate existing workflow and provide vision on embracing industry standard methodologies and streamlining our processes
- Understand our complex logistics, workflows, systems, organization and outputs to define success
- Continue to expand our BREP (Bloomberg Reserve Equipment Program) across qualified customers
- Analyse data to identify new and innovative ways to track business performance and drivers while crafting ways to eliminate delivery obstacles
- Collaborate with colleagues in other areas of the business to identify operational alignments and cross-functional opportunities
You'll need to have:
- Proactive and autonomous: You work well in a team environment but also thrive independently. You focus on the solution and deliver results even when faced with setbacks.
- Clear Communicator: You deliver clear, concise and structured presentations that demonstrate an understanding of your audience and convey the appropriate amount of information.
- Excellent Collaborator and Negotiator: You easily build strong relationships with key partners and influence the scope of a project for a mutually positive outcome. You know how to identify cross departmental opportunities.
- Highly Creative and Innovative: You're able to think beyond specific tasks, understand the ultimate goal, and ask the right questions to drive value for the business. You see different approaches to a problem and anticipate future risks and challenges. You challenge status quo with a curious and creative attitude and forward-thinking ideas.
We'd Love to see:
- 8+ years of experience* in a customer or client facing role
- Experience developing a team with strong people management skills
- Extensive client relationship management experience and capability to lead external customer meetings
- Ability to successfully implement new processes and lead change management initiatives
- Hands-on project management experience with the ability to develop and lead complex project plans
- Experience with data-driven approaches to drive process decisions and system changes
- Demonstrated ability to interact cross-functionally with all levels of executive management
- Flexibility to multitask, prioritize, and coordinate multiple projects/tasks concurrently while meeting deadlines
- Experience structuring presentations with PowerPoint and modelling with Excel
- Visio experience and drafting business communications *Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
If this sounds like you:
- Solid understanding of SAP
- Professional experience aligned to the financial services industry
Apply! We will get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.