Supplier Oversight Analyst - 6 months FTC
Who we're looking for
This role will support the Head of Supplier Oversight and Governance to develop and embed our supplier governance framework and policies. This includes taking ownership of the maintenance of supplier records and providing regular and timely reporting and insights on Schroders' supply chain. This includes but is not limited to contract data, contract ownership and contacts, supplier risk information such as information security, modern slavery, financial crime, credit risk etc. This will involve ensuring compliance with policies, regular engagement with Group Procurement colleagues and stakeholders around the organisation. The role will be UK based. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly. The team
Group Procurement is a function within Schroders that reports to the Group Financial Controller. The function delivers commercial and supplier expertise to protect and maximise value across the full procurement lifecycle, supporting the delivery of Schroders' corporate strategy. Group Procurement has a global responsibility to provide oversight of Schroders' supply chain. What you'll do
• Providing due diligence and screening services to support stakeholders and Procurement colleagues - assessing supplier risk prior to selection and monitoring throughout the supplier lifecycle. E.g. financial crime and credit checks.
• Continuously improving and managing the new supplier due diligence, on-boarding and purchasing processes.
• Supporting the capture and maintenance of all supplier information such as contracts and related documents (e.g. schedules, statements of work etc), risk profile, due diligence review outputs and assessments from across the business globally.
• Interpreting contracts in order to capture key contract metadata e.g. start/end dates, notice periods, owners etc.
• Accurately uploading and maintaining supplier documentation such as agreement documents onto the central contracts database, policy information, assessment data etc.
• Coordinating the contract renewal cycle in collaboration with Group Procurement Managers.
• Supporting supplier risk reviews and contract renewals as required, ensuring correct governance is followed.
• Ensuring system data integrity is fully managed and proactively enriched to support supplier contract reporting outputs.
• To support the development and enhancements of operational processes related to supplier oversight activities.
• Supporting supplier service criticality assessments and ensuring all records are kept up to date and available.
• Maintaining the Outsource Register including the record of Business Owners, contracts, criticality and associated due diligence activities.
• Working with Business Owners, maintaining oversight of supplier reviews and outputs, ensuring they meet regulatory requirements.
• Providing regular reporting to colleagues and stakeholders on supply chain risk and timely notifications of contract and due diligence review cycles.
• Managing all processes and controls to ensure all supplier information is recorded, maintained and regularly reviewed.
• Supporting Compliance monitoring and Internal Audit exercises, ensuring actions are completed within deadline.
• Data analytics and MI reporting to inform strategy and enable oversight capabilities.
• Capture of all contract and supplier related information to provide proficient reporting.
• Champion continual improvement and procurement best practice within the global business.
• Contributing to the strategic goals of Procurement, Finance and Schroders. The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Ability and experience collaborating with due diligence activities across technical specialists (e.g Operational Risk, Information Security, Credit Risk, Financial Crime, Legal) globally.
• Ability to review contracts and extract all relevant data to enable reporting and oversight to Board level.
• Experience of coordinating a project to gather all contract and supplier information and transitioning to a business as usual operating model.
• Data focus, commitment to ensuring integrity of all data held.
• Analytical, capable of taking data and presenting findings to inform colleagues and stakeholders.
• Excellent levels of communication, able to influence and persuade others, whilst building strong working relationships
• Technical experience of design and implementing contract database / supplier management systems.
• Proactivity, positivity and tenacity; demonstrates strong intellectual curiosity in the role Group Procurement and Schroders perform and the impact we have on the market.
• Strong analytics experience in order to understand and interpret information, bringing insight.
• Excellent organisation, communication, project management, presentation and problem solving skills.
• Excellent IT and numeracy skills. What you'll be like
• Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
• Flexible approach to work with an ability to adapt to change
• Friendly, approachable, enjoys working and contributing to the team
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in a dynamic and time critical environment
• Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement
• Earn respect from colleagues and willing to complete tasks at either end of the complexity spectrum
• Additional language(s) beneficial We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.