SunGard GMI -Application Support Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS UK
- 16 Oct 18
SunGard GMI -Application Support Analyst
–Are you an expert when it comes to financial products like GMI? Do you have a track record of influencing senior IT stakeholders and business partners? Do you have proven ability to solve complex issues, covering both technical and business needs?
- Providing advanced support for the GMI application and primarily act as an issue manager for client inquiries.
- This role is highly customer focused and involves managing and dealing with the accounts of large global and local financial institutions, researching and presenting technical solutions to business problems, issue resolution, gathering requirements for new development requests, and production support of our hosted GMI environments/systems.
- Our customers will expect you to be knowledgeable not only on GMI but also on the impact that GMI issues will have on their business. You will use your knowledge of the derivatives business to prioritize customer issues correctly and to escalate severe issues when appropriate.
- Maintain and develop business relationships with internal and external clients, product vendor (FIS) and Futures exchanges
- Collaborate with development team and other subject matter experts to implement UBS' technical vision
- Thorough functional knowledge of ETD products: futures and options. Exposure to ETD Clearing Houses and Exchanges
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Thorough understanding of SDLC process and ITIL framework - Incident and Problem Management, Release Management, Risk Management
- Responsibility to ensure stability, continuity and availability of the application, in addition to providing rapid response to incidents and escalated user queries Provide L1 & L2 support for Derivatives application i.e. Clearvision and GMI Provides monitoring of the environment, managing and tracking incidents and escalations Resolve and track production incidents and prevent reoccurrences.
- Coordinate and perform deployment, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, maintenance and support for production and non-production environments.
- Troubleshoot and resolve user/helpdesk queries as per defined SLA Identify proactive remedial strategies to prevent future system problems and to improve the quality of delivered systems
- Business Continuity Management: Understand the purpose of BCM, participate in BCM tests, experience in handling real time fail over activities.
- Automation and efficiency Improvement : A person who is passionate about the new tools and processes ( ITIL, DevOps, Agile) and adopt them in the working environment to increase the efficiency and effectiveness.
- Employee will be responsible for owning the support of the core application (our official books and records) within the ETD (Exchange Traded Derivative) business – GMI. GMI is a leading back-office clearing and accounting software solution used by futures commission merchants (FCMs), banks and brokerage firms and runs on a non-standard platform and operating system IBM iSeries/AS400. He/she will be the global lead of all of our GMI resources, and will be responsible for ensuring that all batches/processes run smoothly and are completed on time.
You'll be working in the Exchange Traded Derivative app support team in London. We provide support services for clearing application platforms. This benefits our prime brokerage clientele. As an Associate Director, you'll play an important role in in ensuring stability in our Clearing and book keeping systems during Brexit and post Brexit.
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?