Student Attraction and Early Identification Senior Manager - 12 Month FTC - UK Wide
Reporting into the Head of Student Recruitment, you will design and execute the Student Attraction and Early Identification strategy across the UK firm's student intakes. Delivering against student recruitment scorecard KPIs and working closely with the Employer Brand team, you'll prioritise attracting a diverse talent pool based on a data-led approach. You will lead the team of 12, including both L2 advisors and L3 managers, to source candidates from a broad range of channels for all student vacancies across UK&I and FSO: 800 graduates, 300 undergraduates, 300 apprentices and up to 500 students across our Early Identification programmes. You will also manage an attraction budget of circa £550k.
A key aspect of your role will be to make sure EY has a commercial and efficient attraction activity framework so you will need to drive innovation and smart-thinking, as well as deliver strategic projects throughout the year to drive continuous improvements. You will focus on D&I at a strategic level and will establish strong partnerships externally to help widen access to EY. You will lead a regionally dispersed team, championing alignment across all UK offices and ensuring the correct levels of engagement with key stakeholders as necessary. You will work closely with both the Student Recruitment and Employer Brand teams to help EY stand out in the market as an authentic and relevant leading employer for UK students.
You will also be expected to drive continuous improvement through delivery of strategic projects across the year. Responsibilities:
- Lead regional team and take accountability for delivery of Student Attraction to meet student recruitment objectives for UK&I and FSO.
- Direct the Service Line student support team members (c200 people), including the partners, to effect change across our regions at universities, schools and key partnerships.
- Accountable for campus and schools activity framework, encompassing regional operating model, university and schools tiering, STEM, Gender and BAME strategy streams to help build our Social Mobility profile, events, partnerships, conversion and stakeholder engagement approach.
- Accountable for the quality of execution of up to 400 events across schools and universities, key regional and national partnerships.
- Strategic responsibility for Early Identification programmes including Leading Women, Business Academy, Summer Internship, Industrial Placement and Discover EY.
- Honing and innovating within the Early Identification portfolio to drive key scorecard outcomes over the long-term. Responsible for best-in class programme design to ensure outstanding candidate experience and maximum levels of conversion into Graduate and Apprentice roles.
- Driving conversion through the smart use of our CRM tool across all key candidate touch points, working closely with the Employer Brand team to ensure the right candidate touch points and comms.
- Driving authentic, candidate experience, working closely with the Employer Brand team to ensure understanding of recruitment marketing initiatives and responsible for ensuring the Attraction team execute efficiently and maximise our authentic brand through all student touchpoints, supporting our brand and target to meet recruitment plan.
- Responsible for ensuring a mature understanding of audience, linking in with the Employer Brand team for student insights and market research.
- Understanding of all key data points and works closely with Student Recruitment Ops lead to understand pipeline activity and candidate performance for all populations and talent pools.
- Gets under the skin of regional landscape and clearly understands region growth plans, targets for all student roles, stakeholder agenda and demands, activity ROI and how it delivers against objectives and what we need to evolve and change in order to deliver top quality applications into all pipelines.
- Proactive with regional model and hot spots - ensures tight delivery to limit attraction challenges in hard to fill areas.
- Overseeing the approach and day to day effectiveness of attraction activity.
- Escalation point for challenges raised internally by business, all Student Recruitment campus/schools partner sponsors, Attraction Team, as well as escalation point for all external stakeholders including schools contacts, Enactus, faculty leaders and career service contacts at universities and key partnership contacts.
- Lead and implement the attraction budget aligned to and directly supporting our core objectives, drive ROI from activities.
- Understands necessary team structure to execute efficient delivery of the Attraction strategy and all key streams within the framework.
Partnering with the business:
MI and reporting:
- Builds strong and credible relationships and works with a range of senior business stakeholders internally and key influencers externally.
- Works closely with the Student Operations SM, Regional SM and Head of Student Recruitment and Employer Brand team to ensure Attraction supports KPIs and hires.
- Attends Student operations team meetings to support recruitment managers to identify resource needs and issues and deliver appropriate recruitment plans.
- Attend campus/school advisor meetings on a regular basis to oversee team activity and ensure strategy is efficiently executed.
- Accountability for ensuring that effective activity is filling pipelines aligned to service line requirements across all regional offices.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the key business drivers and understands the role of student attraction to address these.
Team management and contribution:
- Monitors the key marketing metrics, responsibility for expectation setting within the attraction team regarding the adherence to key recruitment metrics; supports managers to adjust activity to meet targets.
- Understands data points for all student programmes across regional offices and understands performance within the new student recruitment process, including all application data and behaviours within the student recruitment process. Adapts activity accordingly to help shape and support candidates throughout attraction.
- Proactively targets team using a feedback loop from pipeline performance to ensure the appropriate volume of applications feeds every unique pipeline.
- Ensures that the hiring mix for each service line is appropriately monitored and course corrected to maximise priority groups with particular emphasis on the proportion of female applicants.
- Works strategically to model the long-term impact of Early Identification on permanent hires, adjusting targets and programme design accordingly.
- Identifies when data is not accurate or questions its integrity.
- Coaches others to conduct relevant analysis regarding recruitment delivery.
- Reporting campaign performance to Employer Brand team throughout the season so content can be adjusted accordingly.
Critical knowledge and experience:
- Leads Attraction Managers, Early Identification Manager and all Advisors, directing all team members to reach recruitment goals, responsible for direct reports and accountable for a headcount within the attraction team.
- Responsibility for performance management process.
- Conducts performance reviews and identifies development opportunities (including formal training) for counselees and team, as well as supporting daily performance of direct reports.
- Provides coaching and mentoring, as well as handling any disciplinary/performance issues.
- First escalation point across the team accountable for investigation and appropriate issue resolution.
- Shares knowledge of business and recruitment market issues/data with the wider team.
- Comprehensive student attraction experience gained within professional services or other commercial entities.
- Recruitment programme design and delivery, ideally within Early Identification.
- Experience of having designed and implemented student attraction strategies or significant campaigns.
- Deep campus and schools market expertise.
- In tune with key market drivers within Student Recruitment.
- Large scale event management and leadership.
- Project Management.
- Experience of having led a team; an accomplished people manager.
- Commercially driven.
- Data and Insights driven.
- Experience of having developed a network and credible relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Demonstrates a good understanding of recruitment effectiveness and continuously questions whether activities are adding value to core recruitment requirements.
- Is able to stand back from day-to-day demands of the business and challenge peers and managers to remain focused on activities that will support the long-term business strategy
- Balances tactical requirements and long-term approach, remains focussed and strategic.
- Participates in regular discussions with senior stakeholders about the strategic direction of the business and impact on attraction activities; serves as a trusted advisor.
- People management - able to lead and motivate and inspire others.
- Relationship building skills - with the ability to challenge status quo and recognises the need to listen to, respond and adapt style to build and maintain effective relationships both internally and externally.
- Identifies when to share information with immediate team (for knowledge or best practise) or when to escalate significant issues.
- Project management skills - able to plan and manage time effectively with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experienced in managing and planning large and complex budgets
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a b etter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now . Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.