FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
Structured Risk Senior Actuary
Structured Risk Senior Actuary A leading global risk and reinsurance specialist is seeking a Senior Actuary to join the Structured Risk team. This team acts as an actuarial and financial model consultant to clients, brokers, and markets by assessing reinsurance structures and monitoring industry developments, researching and responding to information requests, and providing timely and accurate service.
- Lead the development and presentation of new, renewal, and prospect presentations to clients and reinsurers.
- Produce structured solutions and alternatives as part of the program design efforts of the Structured Risk team.
- Renew reinsurance programs, meeting with clients /reinsurers as needed to learn their needs and maintain strong relationships.
- Design new programs for clients' needs, placing business with client-approved reinsurers.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with reinsurers, clients, and colleagues.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of reinsurer capabilities and appetites.
- Stay abreast of accounting, regulatory, and market developments / regulations that influence the supply and demand for structured (re)insurance solutions (e.g. Solvency II).
- Maintain contemporary knowledge of industry loss and exposure trends that impact the supply and demand for structured (re)insurance solutions while also influencing the underlying analysis of the portfolios in question.
- Model the probability distributions of the gross/ceded/net underwriting results of an insurance company client based on an actuarial analysis of frequency and severity focusing on a large losses.
- Analyse how the distribution of results and relevant risk measures change as a result of application on various proposed reinsurance alternatives. Utilize cost/benefit analysis to advise brokers and clients "optimal" reinsurance programs based on risk tolerance level.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in actuary, reinsurance and/or consulting in the insurance industry
- An actuarial qualification preferred
- Strong technical expertise in reinsurance experience and exposure ratings, reserving, loss distributions, reinsurance terms and conditions, and simulation modelling; with data management, financial reinsurance, risk management, catastrophe modelling & DFA (Dynamic Financial Analysis) expertise desirable.
- In-depth understanding of the product lines and the global and regional industry conditions to identify significant considerations that insurers should address in designing their programs.
- Broad knowledge of world reinsurance markets to comprehend range of products necessary to address insurers financial
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick