FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
Structured Products Senior Specialist / Manager
My client is an Investment Bank, currently going through an exciting growth phase. They are looking to recruit a Structured Products specialist, to assume overall responsibility for the SP Operations function, maintaining efficient operational and control processes over the relevant transactions, across all product areas. The function is responsible for all operational aspects of the structured product trade lifecycle to ensure that such transactions are booked, confirmed, settled and reported to the appropriate regulatory authorities accurately and efficiently.
My client is an Investment Bank, currently going through an exciting growth phase. They are looking to recruit a Structured Products (VP equivalent) to assume overall responsibility for the SP Operations function, maintaining efficient operational and control processes over the relevant transactions, across all product areas.
The function is responsible for all operational aspects of the structured product trade lifecycle to ensure that such transactions are booked, confirmed, settled and reported to the appropriate regulatory authorities accurately and efficiently.
* Working with the Business, Legal Department and Product Control when a Structured Transaction is pipelined;
* Perform end to end impact assessment for each structured product transaction
* Lead co-ordinator for Operations New Product Approval Process;~Transaction booking validation and ongoing trade lifecycle management
* Ensuring that all appropriate documentation is executed and reviewed in accordance with the trade booking
* Accurate settlement of Structured Product transactions
* Ensure accurate collateral management of Structured Product transactions
* Ensuring accurate and timely trade and transaction reporting
* Balance sheet substantiation of Structured Product specific accounts
* Act as key contact point for Structured Product related reviews and queries
* Building and maintaining a deal library with all associated documentation (e.g. Termsheets, Confirmations,
* Process flow charts, Pay Schedules) for each Structured Product transaction
* Working with the business and IT to optimise the booking and management of structured transactions
The incumbent will ensure that overall execution of the associated processes is well-controlled and documented, that the appropriate tolerance levels for key performance and risk indicators are met and that they support the business adequately, escalating risks and concerns where necessary
Leadership and management
* Leading the Structured Products Operations function under the direction of the Head of Shared Products, Banking and Shared Services Operations.
* Delivering the strategy for Structured Products Operations
* Ensuring that the processes within Structured Products Operations work effectively and efficiently.
* Attending governance forums as and when required and ensuring that Operations is effectively represented.
* Supporting the Operations management team by proactively maintaining a good working relationship between the related business units and the Operations department.
* Ensuring that Structured Products Operations maintains close communication lines with the relevant desks across all global offices.
* Ensuring that Structured Products Operations works collaboratively with other departments in the Bank, particularly when providing information, contributing to Bank-wide initiatives/projects, and reporting information to management.
* Working collaboratively with Technology colleagues to ensure that systems relied on by Structured Products Operations are fit for purpose and where enhancements are required they are ratified and appropriately prioritised.
Operating Model / Processes
* Ensuring the effective and efficient design and operation of processes within Structured Products Operations.
* Taking proactive steps to critically assess and optimise controls and processes within Structured Products Operations on a continuous basis.
* Ensuring that processes are accurately captured in written procedures and that these procedures are continuously updated, particularly when there is evidence that procedures may be out-of-date, inaccurate, incomplete or insufficient to manage risk.
* Ensuring a robust follow the sun coverage model for all tasks within Structured Products and Banking Operations.
* Identifying and managing risks within Structured Products Operations including operational risks, regulatory risks, conduct risks, cyber security risks and financial crime risks (including, but not limited to, risks associated with money laundering, terrorist financing, bribery and corruption, sanctions breaches and fraud).
* Undertaking regular reviews of controls within Structured Products Operations to ensure that these continue to be fit for purpose.
* Working collaboratively with Operations Control on risk management and control enhancements (but without over-reliance on Operations Control).
* Promptly escalating new risks to the Head of Structured Products, Banking and Shared Services Operations.
This is a role which requires a strong background and level of expertise within structured products and trade lifecycle management of these types of transactions, combined with someone who can drive this area forward and be a part of the senior management team at the bank.
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick