FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
Structured Finance Reporting Analyst
Structured Finance Reporting Analyst My client, a leading corporate trust business, is looking for a Structured Finance Reporting Analyst to join their city-based team. The successful candidate will be responsible for calculation and reporting activities for structured finance transactions - ABS, CMBS, RMBS & Repacks. This will include the calculation of waterfall payments, monitoring trigger events, and credit enhancements, producing periodic investor reports, and fielding investor queries.
The role requires interaction with various groups to ensure that deal onboarding and termination procedures are followed, risk management procedures are maintained and document legal requirements are satisfied. Also, to provide assistance to relationship managers by reviewing drafts of new deal documents, and providing comments where appropriate.
* Responsible for all reporting and cash management activities for structured finance transactions (ABS, CMBS, RMBS & Repacks).
* Interpret transaction documents to decipher complex cash movements and account structures.
* When applicable, make relevant comments on any new transaction documents to ensure that any new transaction will be operationally viable.
* Interact with transaction managers to ensure that cash is reconciled with servicer reporting
* Provide assistance to relationship managers with deal onboarding and termination administration.
* Work closely with modelling analysts to stress test any new deal models. Occasionally required to assist with some basic model building.
* Interact with external swap providers and liquidity facility providers to confirm cash flows and agree fee and interest payments.
* Produce rate reset notifications for floating rate transactions.
* Monitor ticklers and complete activities to ensure prompt completion of trustee and agency duties and to mitigate risk.
* Get involved in/lead various ad-hoc business projects.
* Develop and maintain relationships with servicers and corporate servicers.
* Review and respond to customer requests and investor enquiries regarding cash flow reporting.
* Maintain a current level of industry knowledge and comply with all company policies and procedures and all applicable government regulations.
Experience and Qualifications:
* Working knowledge of structured finance transactions, investments, accounting principals, loan servicing operations and customer service.
* Requires the ability to interpret transaction documents to decipher all aspects of cash and asset transactions relating to the account and collateral related issues. Basic statistical skills.
* Sound analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
* Ability to manage a complex and varied portfolio of deals throughout the entire life cycle of each transaction.
* Prior experience of working on deals subject to default and litigation preferred.
* Strong working knowledge of Excel is required, (any basic VBA/SQL would be hugely beneficial but not essential).
* Requires a bachelor's degree and/or equivalent of three years' experience in the financial services sector.
* Second language preferable.
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick