Structured Finance Analytics/Modelling Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick
- 15 Oct 17 2017-10-15
My client is a market leading provider of corporate trust services across the US and Europe. They are looking to recruit a competent and confident financial modeller for an interesting role to join their Analytics team, focussing on Structured Finance products but predominantly CLO's.
My client is a market leading provider of corporate trust services across the US and Europe. They are looking to recruit a competent and confident financial modeller for an interesting role to join their Analytics team, focussing on Structured Finance products but predominantly CLO's. The business is experiencing exciting levels of growth and can offer a dynamic and positive working environment.
The Analytics team build and maintain financial models to support both CDO/CLO and Structured Finance Transactions.
The role requires some prior knowledge and expertise in structured products (preferably CLO's) and any knowledge of corporate trust would be a great advantage.
Strong Financial Modelling skills are key to the role as well as strong analytical skills, problem solving skills, market awareness, strong communication skills and ability to build and maintain partnerships across the organisation.
A major part of the role involves Legal documentation review so this person needs to be able to decipher and extract information from complex deal documentation.
Advanced Excel skills and VBA are essential and preferably SQL and any prior knowledge of CDO Suite would also be of benefit. (An excel test will form part of the interview process)
· Program and reverse engineer financial models according to the terms and conditions defined in securitization documents;
· Use excel models to allocate a collateral pool's payments to various bondholders, swap counterparties, and investment managers;
· Stress-test cash flow and collateral performance to gauge impact to portfolios under adverse market conditions;
· Calculate various portfolio statistics, ratios and thresholds for use in hypothetical trading scenarios and periodic reporting
· Use SQL and other software to manipulate the considerable amount of collateral-related information maintained within internal databases;
· Responsible for developing value added partnerships with Relationship Management to assist in client deliverables and improving defining process and techniques to improve efficiency and delivery
· Responsible for ongoing transaction deliverables where applicable for Product (e.g. Financial Models, Waterfalls) and Modelling Support
· Liaise with business partners (Technology, Legal, Compliance, Trustee, Relationship Management and Sales and) to ensure highest client service levels in compliance with company standards
· Provide Innovative client solutions
· Pro-actively seek out ways to decrease costs and increase revenue