Stress Testing & Portfolio Risk – Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 26 Apr 18 2018-04-26
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The cornerstone of Morgan Stanley's risk management philosophy is the execution of risk-adjusted returns through prudent risk-taking that protects Morgan Stanley's capital base and franchise. Risk Management protects the Firm from exposure to losses resulting from defaults by our lending and trading counterparties.
Morgan Stanley seeks a professional with previous experience in a multi-disciplined risk management function at the Vice President level to work in the EMEA Stress Testing & Portfolio Risk team. The team is part of the Morgan Stanley’s independent risk management function. The team is the custodian of the Risk Appetite Framework for the UK Group, measuring, challenging and controlling the UK Group’s aggregate portfolio risks and for Enterprise wide Stress Testing Framework across risk types. The team owns the stress testing framework and leads the Risk departments efforts in cross risk enterprise wide projects such as ICAAP and Reverse Stress Testing.
Based in London, this is a cross asset class and cross risk role that involves the close cooperation with across Risk, Finance, Research and Treasury. The role reports into EMEA Head of Stress Testing and primarily focusses on enhancements of the stress testing framework, through expansion of cross risk stress testing models and ensuring timely and accurate delivery to various senior stakeholders.
Primary job responsibilities include:
• Ensuring the continued enhancement of a robust Stress Testing Framework that captures the vulnerabilities of the UK Group portfolio
• Lead projects from design through to implementation for developing stress testing methodologies across risk types including Market, Credit and Liquidity Risk
• Developing and executing stress testing methodologies used for Capital Planning and Risk Management
• Ensuring Risk identification framework is closely integrated with the Stress Testing and capturing and missing risk factors
• Collaborate, contribute and leverage relevant global programs to drive efficient solutions
• Collaborate closely with IT on designing tools to support the stress testing framework
• Supporting the team’s response to Model Validation, Audit and regulatory self-assessments on Stress Testing related items.
• Input into supporting the Stress Testing Governance including the UK Group Stress Testing Committee and other senior management committees.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to distil technical information and present key facts.
• Relevant work experience in risk management or in a quantitative analyst role at an investment bank, buy side firm or consulting firm.
• Solid understanding of at least one of Market Risk, Credit Risk or Liquidity Risk (multi-disciplinary exposure across risk groups is preferred).
• Good product knowledge of one or more asset classes, knowledge of stress testing.
• Strong academic background, with a degree in a quantitative subject.
• Proficient in use of Excel, VBA and SQL. Knowledge of Matlab or R is preferred.
• Ability to build strong working relationships across a number of different areas.
• Highly organized, with close attention to detail.
• Accurate delivery and ability to work to tight deadlines.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents. *LI-CL1