Stress Testing Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
The Stress Testing Manager position is a technically focused role in an area which is rapidly increasing in importance as a tool for risk management and commercial decision making. This role will have several components, offering technical and intellectual challenge and giving you a voice in an area of the bank which is shaping strategic thinking and conversation.
My client is a well established bank. This role can be based in London or Birmingham.
The Stress Testing Manager will be responsible for:
- Working on credit risk stress testing projections, which will give this person a chance to gain exposure to the bank's strategy
- Using SAS to deliver stress testing projections by implementing scenarios and methodologies
- Contributing to the definition of the methodologies used for loan impairment charges and risk-weighted asset (RWA) projections
- Preparing dedicated analysis and reports for both internal and external audiences
- Making sure that stress testing meets regulatory requirements
The succesful candidate will have:
- A solid academic background in a quantitative, technical or economic field, preferably with a PhD or other postgraduate qualifications
- Good knowledge of the retail or wholesale credit business and products - Financial Services background
- Strong programming skills including SAS, SQL, VBA or other languages such as C++ and familiarity with numerical analysis
- An understanding of relevant capital requirements regulation (Basel II/III) and impairment assessment approaches (IAS39/IFRS9)
- An organised approach and be comfortable working to deadlines
- Strong communication skills - both verbally and in writing
- The ability to intellectually challenge data using a good understanding of how the bank operates, and to be challenged in return
This is a permanent role which offers fantastic career prospects and opportunities to enhance your technical skills.