Stress Testing Controls Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Mar 18 2018-03-17
See job description for details
Join us in London as a Stress Testing Controls Manager
- In this key role, you'll be supporting the build and implementation of an effective stress testing process and control framework
- You'll support the embedding of a Stress Testing Centre of Excellence and drive the delivery of stress testing capability improvement initiatives
- This is an opportunity to work closely with senior stakeholders and be part of the decision making process and strategic planning
- We believe that flexible working can make a real difference to your wellbeing and professional development, so you'll have access to a range of flexible working arrangements
What you'll do
Reporting to the Head of Stress Testing Control Management, you'll be working closely with business experts and the Heads of Stress Testing to build and implement effective end-to-end processes, governance and controls. You'll cover the full stress testing process, including controls assessment for data, assumptions, models, processes, reports and documentation.
Your key deliverables will include:
- Collaborating with business experts to design and implement a stress testing process and control framework
- Review and challenge the stress test results across all risk types (Credit risk, Market risk, Operational risk) and across functions (Finance and Capital forecasting)
- Making sure the stress testing process and control framework is efficient, creates optimal process flow and evidences control checks throughout the full lifecycle of a stress test exercise
- Working closely with our Internal Audit function to design and embed a process structure for audit field work and regulatory attestations
- Scoping, developing and managing plans to manage and track internal stress testing and regulatory stress testing deliverables
- Managing control checks throughout key points in the stress test cycle, owning and controlling supporting documentation
- Collaborating with key colleagues to ensure the overall process and controls framework has been followed appropriately
- Leading regular interaction with internal and external experts on plans, issues and ad-hoc activities
- Producing assurance that demonstrates processes and controls have been correctly executed and that any failures or issues have been assessed, understood and incorporated into stress testing results
The skills you'll need
To join us in this role you'll need a deep understanding of stress testing end-to-end cycles, coupled with experience of working with regulators or knowledge of regulatory requirements.
We'll also be looking for you to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of STDF, CCAR or EBA stress testing methodologies
- A strong understanding of risk and capital management
- People management experience, with a strong ability to influence senior managers and external stakeholders
- A proven ability to multitask
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage cross-functional stakeholders
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.