Strategy Analytics - Associate Director - London
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws. Department & Role Overview:
Fitch Ratings is seeking an Associate Director to join its Ratings Business Analytics (RBA) team in London. The team reports to the Chief Operating Officer of Fitch Ratings.
The RBA team provides high-quality, in-depth strategic analysis to drive better outcomes for Fitch Ratings. The team works closely with Ratings Operations heads and other groups throughout Fitch Ratings to develop business cases and strategic analyses, evaluate costs/benefits for new initiatives, and produce recommendations toward process improvements and re-engineering. Working closely with Ratings colleagues and tapping into a variety of data sources, the team also develop MI reporting to support metric-driven decision making and analyze operational and business performance. These efforts support firm-wide projects that will deliver significant business results such as improved operational efficiency, revenue growth and the development of new products.
The team operates in a fast-paced environment and works towards short, medium and long-term deliverables. Key Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of the Associate Director include but are not limited to the following:
Key Skills Required:
- Support projects to develop business cases, perform specific deep dive reviews and other ad-hoc requests / analyses for senior management that inform or enable high-level decision-making on operations, strategy, and business change initiatives.
- Lead the development of presentations that communicate Fitch's business and/or operational strategies, objectives and plans for senior audiences.
- Collaborate and liaise closely with line of business stakeholders to gather information on current state processes and propose recommendations and solutions on how those processes can be improved.
- Participate and contribute to presentations for senior management that summarize key findings and recommendations identified from process or system reviews conducted.
- Compile and analyze data from multiple internal and external sources to build clear insights and conclusions on Fitch's operations, business performance and competitive positioning.
- Take ownership for aspects of monthly management reporting for senior management on the status of Operations based projects and initiatives.
- Proactively monitor various global business information and media outlets to gather competitive news, trends, statistics, and anecdotes relevant to Fitch Ratings.
This position is best suited for motivated candidates with the following characteristics:
- Ability to create structured, detailed and compelling presentations addressed to various audiences within the organization.
- Ability to quickly pick up new concepts and dive deep into problems, clearly articulating what they are, whilst suggesting solutions with little to no prior background in the subject matter.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work and think both independently and strategically.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with large and varied datasets to draw out appropriate insights.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and prioritize different assignments whilst maintaining accuracy and adhering to tight deadlines.
- A collaborative team player who works effectively with colleagues and project stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree required
- Proven experience working in a consulting or in-house strategy role, ideally related to credit rating agencies, financial services, or the debt capital markets
- Advanced skill and proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
- Prior Credit Ratings experience or knowledge a plus
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp