Strategist / Research / Analytics / DB / DC / Thought Leadership
- £60k - £80k
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Jigsaw Search
- 08 Feb 18 2018-02-08
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Strategist / Research / Analytical focused individual to join a top global asset manager.
** Strategist / Research / Analytics / DB / DC / Thought Leadership **
A top global asset manager
Work in the Research and Analytics team to produce high quality thought leadership research – research which offers insights to help clients make better investing decisions.
o Objective research focussed on the strategic nature of asset classes, portfolio construction, investment solutions and the challenges facing institutional investors
o Long shelf life, not topical commentary
o Challenge conventional wisdom or come up with new ideas
o Partner with investment teams to leverage intellectual capital
Papers could cover topics as wide ranging as the performance of income assets in a rising rate environment, emerging market portfolio construction (equity, hard, local and corporate debt), infrastructure investing (equity, debt, public and private), geographic diversification in real estate portfolios, reappraising the case for commodities, the link between portfolio turnover and excess returns in active equity funds, and the cyclicality of active management
Overview of role
Reporting to the Head of Research and Analytics, this role is critical to this team achieving its wide ranging objectives.
The role has cross-asset class coverage. The main readers of our research are the asset owners who are our end clients (mainly institutional clients such as pension schemes, insurance companies and official institutions, as well as intermediaries), with the aim of impacting their investment strategy. Although not a modelling role, strong quantitative skills are highly desirable including an interest in building models from scratch on an ad-hoc basis.
Key elements are:
- Analysis, research, development and authorship of papers to demonstrate thought leadership
- Analysis and modelling of investment propositions
- Creation and editing of materials for client/prospects meetings and conferences
- Providing support to other members of the team
- Providing analytical support to the Global DC and OI teams.
The role may also involve presenting research to clients and at conferences.
- Experienced and highly proficient with Excel
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to take complex concepts and explain them in an easy to understand way
- Good standard of written English
- Experience drafting written reports or commentary
- Intellectual curiosity and proactive nature
- Ability to work as part of a small team
- Experienced with Powerpoint
- Knowledge of the objectives, constraints and key issues concerning institutional asset pools such as DB and DC pension plans
- Strong interpersonal skills