The Strategist will be responsible for:- * Running and developing the expected return valuation indicators * Reading academic research and conducting research projects * Developing the AMG House View with qualitative and quantitative economic analysis * Writing macro and investment strategy and supporting the written output of the team - white papers, presentations, investment commentaries
A Strategist is required to join a Global Asset Manager based in Canary Wharf on a 12 month fixed term contract which could go permanent
- Understand and develop AMG's Multi Asset Investment Process
- Maintain and produce AMG's asset class valuation signals (Discount Rates) each month
- Contribute to the AMG House View with qualitative and quantitative economic analysis
- Contribute to the development of the AMG Multi Asset Investment Process by researching key themes
- Support the written output of the team - white papers, GMAS quarterly, presentations, blogs, investment commentaries
- Work collaboratively with other team members. Be 'philosophically-aligned' with our top-down (i.e. macro-economic) and empirical approach to thinking about investment markets.
- The role holder is required to help produce the documentation outlining the AMG House View. There is a requirement to be able to write clearly and concisely about technical, both quantitative and economic matters.
- They will need to contribute to the development and enhanced of AMG's Discount Rate signals. This requires a clear understanding of Economics and Finance and a motivation to learn Quantitative Techniques (i.e. using R).
- Must be comfortable working in a collegiate and open environment, but one that also actively encourages debate and disagreement. The role holder must be willing and able to defend their macro-economic and asset class views. They must be passionate about global macro and share our house philosophy.
- A key challenge is being able to work across the team's functions in order to simultaneously build a better understanding of economic data and drivers of asset class valuations. This requires the analyst to be flexible as the work can focus on different skill sets, as well as, the ability to multi-task effectively especially when a number of deliverables fall within similar deadlines.