Strategic Transactions Group Product Control, VP
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
The Finance division at Credit Suisse aspires to be the best Finance division in the industry and a core driver of the bank's vision. Our focus is to manage the bank's capital, funding, liquidity and expenses to ensure we are well capitalized and have a strong enough balance sheet to withstand adversity and uncertainty. We are committed to drive cost efficiencies, improve control, quality and efficiency of our information and to engage with the businesses to actively prepare the bank for regulatory changes. To fulfill our mandate we need the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. We need to attract the best people and engage, grow and retain talents through a rewarding and inclusive partnership culture.
The Strategic Transactions Group (STG) is a global business undertaking complex, bespoke, structured transactions that commonly involve Tax, Accounting or Regulatory arbitrage across multiple jurisdictions. The structured trades cover a diverse range of structures from renewable energy investments, structured lending to insurance premiums. STG Product Control (PC) is within the wider business support office ("BSO") which includes financial accounting, transaction management and transaction coordination.
STG is a rare business area and the diverse transactions provide a dynamic workload. This team is distinct from most areas of PC as it is an integrated PC function - there is no separation of line control, and business control, with some involvement in valuation control. A social and fun team who are also actively involved in CS wide philanthropy initiatives and networks.
This is an analysis and production role at an AVP - VP level which has standard daily, monthly and quarterly deliverables as well as a significant amount of ad hoc queries. This role provides the opportunity to work closely with Financial Accounting, Middle Office, Structuring, FO Trading and COO on a regular basis developing an extensive network at CS.
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Reviewing month-end and quarter-end tasks, which include account ownership, FOBO reconciliations, book management, legal entity and regulatory reporting, accounting policy implementation, FX hedging analysis and resolving queries (may be some production of work involved).
- Manage review of daily P&L production for a small number of banking books which includes FOBO reconciliations, investigation and resolution of breaks, P&L attribution, P&L reporting and commentary.
- Review and provide input into price testing and valuation processes for centralised reporting.
- A chance to lead and contribute to the PC due diligence assessment and implementation of new trades through the New Business process including book management, system set up and testing, and collation of deliverables as part of the sign off process. Working closely with other teams across PC, FO, Tax, FA, Operations, MO and IT. Review of Structured Trade Reviews (STR's) for executed new business projects.
- Manage active involvement in change management initiatives coming from regulatory changes as well as performing UAT for any centrally run project initiatives that impact the STG PC team.
- Accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent) is essential, with a background in Audit or controls preferable.
- Product control experience is advantageous, with product knowledge across a range of financial instruments.
- Managerial or supervision experience (2-3 reports) is required.
- Strong leadership skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure both with team members and colleagues across the wider organization.
- Results-oriented and self-motivated with a drive for excellence.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding problem solving / issue resolution skills.
- Good practical IT skills, particularly Excel and Word.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success