Strategic Talent Director - Advisory
As a trusted partner and advisor to the business, the Strategic Talent Leader should be considered an extension of the Region Service Line (SL)/ Business Unit (BU) leadership team, responsible for translating the business strategy into talent solutions/projects at the region level, and then delivering these solutions/projects to enable the business to grow and support its future talent needs. The Talent Leader shall be accountable assuring all talent services are good quality. The Talent Leader has overall accountability for one SL working closely with the Region SL leadership as well as Area SL Talent leadership to implement SL priorities alongside the Region Talent strategy.
Responsible for bringing together the expertise of Region talent functions, shared services support and technology, as well as providing SL Talent Consultants with direction and leadership to deliver service to the SL in pursuit of its strategy. The individual will champion EY's D&I agenda and develop strong internal and external networks to share good practice and market information.
This newly created role and it is expected that this role will be a co-opted member on the Leadership team of the Service Line. Key Responsibilities Strategic talent initiatives and planning
- Partner with SL Leaders to co-create SL talent strategy aligned to Region/ Area/ Global priorities. Once created and agreed the Talent Leader will then be accountable for delivering these programmes, if it is in an area where they need other areas of the business to deliver the work then the strategic consultant will take on the project manager role and be accountable for delivery to time and budget.
- Contribution to UK&I Talent strategy and priorities through understanding and providing insights on the SL Talent needs.
- Interpret the GPS and culture survey results and building consistent consolidate plans to support belonging and inclusion. Maintain a strong understanding of market trends that affect our industry and the resulting talent profile required to support the SL/BU.
- Champion EY's D&I agenda and embed within strategy.
- Own briefings for the Service Line on key operational and technical changes coming down the line.
- Be accountable for service quality of all traditional HR needs (employment, contractual questions, grievances etc.) to the Service Line
Strategic partnering & relationship management
- Understand future workforce needs to influence and support SL workforce planning.
- Use data and analytics to support decision making and inform strategy (looking for trends and potential areas of concern).
- Understand the skills of the future that are needed and work alongside Sub service line leadership and L&D to ensure the teams have access to relevant learning.
- Work with function leads (e.g. Recruiting, Talent Development) to assess implications on current talent services and how they may need to change to respond to future demand.
- Understand the optimal workforce pyramid and make recommendations.
- Provide real actionable insights on all aspects of recruitment, attrition, D&I mix
- Work with SL leadership and Talent Development to understand the leadership pipeline, as well as possible career path models and development programs to determine optimal leverage and sourcing of the future workforce.
- Partner with business in the planning of large-scale redundancies/restructures, mergers & acquisitions.
- Input to budget planning for L&D and other Talent related needs to ensure adequate investment
Influencing Culture Change
- Engage with Talent Leadership and Region SL Leadership to align business priorities with talent priorities.
- Drive for consistency and simplification of SL talent activities and adoption of global processes - challenge the need for differentiation but enable it where it drives value and is cost-effective.
- Develop strong relationships with other Region, Area and Global talent functions, both from a SL and CoE perspective.
- Provide direction and lead other Talent Consultants in the team, ensuring that SL talent strategy is delivered at a local level - includes coaching / developing others to improve performance and work collaboratively across functions and borders to enhance the employee experience.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Propose solutions to the service line to develop a culture that underpins our values, encompasses belonging, promotes high-performance teaming and enables the delivery of exceptional client service.
Propose effective change management strategies and deployment approaches to SL leadership (e.g. for new SL initiatives, changes to ways of working etc.)
- Challenge and coach Leadership to drive change and support the implementation and successful adoption of projects and initiatives on the Region or Area/Global Talent.
- Embrace the HPT concept and maintain consistency of approach across the Service Line.
- Determine and support D&I initiatives from a SL perspective, advise the business on cultivating an inclusive and flexible work environment that values diversity, working with Talent Consultants to deliver and drive these in the SL.
- Advise the business on ways to accelerate the engagement of our people and partner with them and other Talent Consultants to implement supporting actions.
- Advise and guide the business on the key behaviours, propose working practices and solutions that will build EY's organisational capability.
- Collaborate with D&I and Total Reward Leaders to provide input as needed to recognition programs and other initiatives that promote diversity, health and well-being; drive adoption of such programs in the business.
- Collaborate with Talent Development to support the SLs in the management of their long-term talent pipeline (e.g. Partner and Director promotions, leadership program nominations etc.)
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness, with a strong understanding of the key business and financial drivers that determine SL/BU success.
- Clear, comprehensive understanding of the link between the talent strategy and business strategy.
- Ability to develop clear, actionable plans in support of achieving an overall business strategy.
- High credibility with senior leaders and the ability to communicate the measurable impact of Talent.
- An understanding of digital technology's impact and the opportunities it creates.
- Ability to identify new ways for Talent to support the business strategy and work collaboratively with other function leaders to create solutions.
- Ability to lead teams and to delegate.
- Excellent client focus with the ability to build good relationships and work virtually/ across borders.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders across the organisation at all levels.
- Highly skilled at engaging and influencing others, with strong change management skills and a desire to act as a change agent and ability to recognize when course correction may be needed.
- Outstanding ability to manage multiple priorities and to re-prioritize as market/service line events happen.
- Ability to communicate key messages both verbally and through written work.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in all aspects of the role.
- Demonstrate confidentiality in all aspects of the role.
- A strong starter / finisher and someone who owns outcomes.
What working at EY offers
- Significant experience of working with and influencing leadership.
- Deep knowledge of HR trends, leading HR practice and talent management practices.
- Experience of leading a team.
- Demonstrated accountability for delivering high quality talent services.
- Outcome focused.
- Experience of conflict resolution.
- Experience of managing programmes and project delivery.
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
Apply now Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.