This “funds focused” individual will help drive fund sales through collaboration with the wider Sales & Marketing Team and building strong relationships with relevant third parties.
This person will have the opportunity to have a material impact on fund sales through developing relationships with new and existing strategic accounts with the aim of breaking down barriers for the Sales Team and increasing overall inflows into the funds.
This role would entail taking primary responsibility for relationships with:
• D2C platforms (e.g. Hargreaves Lansdown, Fidelity FundsNetwork),
• third party reviewers (e.g. RSMR, Square Mile, AssetQ),
• fund ratings agencies (e.g. FundsCalibre, Defaqto),
• risk rating services (e.g. Dynamic Planner, Barrie & Hibbert),
• data providers (e.g. Morningstar, Trustnet).
There would also be significant involvement in:
• Fund due diligence (DD) – owning these to ensure timely response to DD requests and coordinating input from others,
• Platform relationships – building relationships with platforms both centrally and at a platform BDM level,
• Data management – working with the team to continuously strive for accurate, clean, useful funds data,
• Reports and MI - using Financial Clarity, Salesforce and other sources to generate high quality leads for funds;
• Marketing – working with marketing to provide input into all fund related content. Finally, a key aspect of this role is that the individual would be expected to act as primary liaison between the investment team and the sales team, ensuring timely and consistent provision of fund updates, new acquisitions and upcoming portfolio changes
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and knowledge:
• Strong background knowledge of the wider funds arena
• Understanding of the key distributors and influencers of fund sales
• Interest in financial markets and where funds could fit within an investment portfolio
• Relationship management skills combined with the tenacity required to secure third party endorsements
• Excellent attention to detail
• High quality English grammar to provide well-written comms
• Good interpersonal skills to work as part of a wider team
• Proactive approach with a strong and flexible work ethic