Strategic Model Risk Manager AVP
Global ivestment bank seeks AVP level Model Risk Manager as part of its expanding Strategic Controls Model risk team.
You'll be joining the Strategic Controls team within Model Risk which is responsible for designing and overseeing the implementation of the model risk management framework, with components spanning the model lifecycle (e.g. from model development / validation, to model use and on-going performance monitoring, as well as model risk assessment).
- Defining model risk management framework components for a variety of models used across The Bank, with a focus on Risk and Capital models
- Designing and delivering operating models across model risk subjects, i.e. on-going model performance monitoring, managing model uncertainty, model change framework, model risk quantification and risk assessment
- Driving the implementation of operating model across multiple risk classes
- Summarising messages and distilling information for senior management to enable decisions around model risk management
- Reviewing and analysing will form the basis of design discussions with key model stakeholders including: Front Office Trading; Risk Managers; Quants; Finance Controllers; and Information Technology
Skills & Qualifications:
- Educated to Bachelor's degree level or equivalent qualification/relevant work experience; Applied Mathematics, Finance, Statistics, Physics, Engineering or similar are beneficial subjects
- Financial services or equivalent consulting experience
- MoRM related experience, and strong understanding of SR 11-07 requirements/ standards
- Diverse experience in different types of models (e.g. pricing, capital, liquidity, trading, etc.) used by different divisions (e.g. Front Office, Finance, Risk) and good understanding of the underlying processes
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with ability to structure approach and think both at conceptual level, as well as dive into the details when required
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.