Strategic Consultant/Account Manager
- Competitive salary and benefits GBP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 04 Sep 18 2018-09-04
FactSet Research Management Solutions help our clients optimize the collection and publication of research. It is suite of workflow-driven solutions tailored to the needs of our clients to boost cross-firm collaboration, maintain compliance and ensure research continuity. RMS institutionalize the research process through a set of standardized and automated processes for the Buy side and for the Sell side. Our specialty solutions combined with the content and tools of the core workstation, or together with other specialty solutions such as Portfolio & Performance Analytics, put FactSet in the unique position t to offer an end-to-end research workflow solution.
Strategic Consulting within RMS Sales & Client Solutions is dedicated to look after existing clients. Its primary objective is to maximize the value of our solutions for our clients, and aims to continually expand and enhance our solutions at our clients.
This job role is for applicants who would like to join the RMS Strategic Consulting team and initially focus on RMS Partners products and clients. In the long term the applicant will be familiar with all three RMS product offerings and will work with clients using IRN and Code Red, as well as RMS Partners.
This is a position of responsibility and seniority in a business segment with tremendous growth potential. The skills acquired in this role are highly transferrable and highly valued across FactSet and the wider marketplace. The role includes significant responsibility, for example the applicant needs to take ownership of accounts that typically have an ASV of 200K to $1 million and will be responsible for guiding sensitive clients through significant changes in our product offering.
- Understand the value proposition RMS provides to each client (i.e. why did they buy it and continue to use it). Understand any threats to this (i.e. risks of cancel)
- Understand our product strategy and proactively guide clients to the optimal solution
- Understand FactSet RMS’s business model and ensure client expectations are correctly managed (tracking consulting hours if needed, internal collaboration with other teams at FactSet…)
- Establish a strategic 2-year plan to optimize the value of our solutions at clients (upgrade planning, workflow optimization...)
- Build client relationships with diverse contacts at our clients (including Technology, IT, Operations, Decision makers, Stakeholders, End Users)
- Together with the support of the EMEA RMS Service Desk, handle client questions and requests to improve/change existing configuration
- Monitor and assist RMS Helpdesk to resolve issues affecting EMEA clients
Cross-team collaboration and networking
- Identify opportunities and collaborate with the sales team to grow business at existing clients
- Work with Product Development to ensure feedback and ideas travel efficiently from the clients to PD and back to our clients. Not just the detail but also market trends.
- Foster a sense of partnership and collaboration with the Professional Services team. Identify projects at your clients and assist with gathering specifications.
- Proactively involve the FactSet generalist teams in your work and clients. Act as an expert in product knowledge and RMS client management.
- Proactive and independent work ethic
- Able to analyze situations and proactively identify gaps & provide creative and effective solutions
- Focused on guiding clients towards optimal solutions i.e. working strategically
- Able to credibly represent FactSet RMS to high level client and internal stakeholders
- Able to re-sell the value of the offering the client has already purchased
- Able to manage client expectations in-line with their contract and our support model (i.e. support is not unlimited, projects need lead time)
- Able to work collaboratively and persuasively with internal stakeholders
- Highly organized with good communication skills
Some travel will be required
- Product Specific
- Knowledge of or strong interest in working with programming languages (FQL, Visual Basic, SQL…)
- Understanding of relational databases
- Prior experience in RMS and/or FactSet workstation is preferred
- Product Focus