- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- 22 Feb 18
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Base + Bonus + Benefits
- Full time
Strategic Capability Executive
Team Overview Schroders have launched ten strategic capabilities (Absolute Return, Alpha Equity, Credit, Emerging Markets, Income, Multi-Asset Solutions, Private Assets, Retirement, Risk-Managed Solutions and Sustainability) in order to focus on solutions with a long-term, client-based strategic mind-set, without losing our ability to innovate. These
Schroders have launched ten strategic capabilities (Absolute Return, Alpha Equity, Credit, Emerging Markets, Income, Multi-Asset Solutions, Private Assets, Retirement, Risk-Managed Solutions and Sustainability) in order to focus on solutions with a long-term, client-based strategic mind-set, without losing our ability to innovate. These strategic capabilities represent key drivers of our future growth and profitability. They will become the cornerstone of our value proposition, helping us develop and communicate our strengths and expertise to clients (what we want to be known for), while also making sense of our broad product offering.
The role of a Strategic Capability Executive is to support the Strategic Capability and Product Managers in this new initiative. We require someone with a marketing outlook who is comfortable working across product teams and strategic capabilities building relationships, sharing information and developing the strategic capabilities offering. The role holder will manage internal websites, marketing materials, and support the development of thought leadership and investment writing content. They will also be required to produce key data attributes, such as performance and competitor analysis, whilst also assisting with client and team presentations. Additionally some co-ordination of the activities of the capabilities will be required including organising meetings with the strategic capability communities, supporting the development of new products and working with the strategic capability manager to deliver their strategy.
The Strategic Capability Executive will sit with the UK and European Equity Product Team reporting to Team Leader. Whilst focusing predominantly on the strategic capabilities, the role has the potential to involve work on the product desk, which supports fund managers and client-facing staff.
Key responsibilities of role
• Engagement with Sales and marketing in the creation of marketing material
• Managing and maintaining internal web sites
• Competitor Analysis and Data gathering
• Compiling performance numbers
• Creating graphs and pictorial analysis
• Responsible for ensuring all materials meet with Compliance and Regulatory guidelines
• Creation of presentations for client meetings and documents for internal meetings
• Understanding of the asset management industry and equity investing
• Demonstrable analytical and numerical skills
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work on own initiative, managing deadlines and prioritising
• High level of interpersonal / relationship management skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Team player willing to take ownership and share tasks to balance workload amongst the team
• Proactive and flexible approach
• Education to degree level or equivalent.