The International Broker Sales & Distribution team is responsible for the implementation and delivery of Aviva’s growth strategy at a national and regional level, making things happen with our aligned panel of International brokers.
This role is fundamental to the delivery of Aviva’s growth strategy, with specific responsibility for the distribution management of all aspects of their Broker relationships working closely with Senior Management, Underwriting, Claims, local Sales, Finance and Risk. As Aviva’s growth appetite increases so does the scope of this high-profile role, requiring energy and drive to work both in the external market and internally.
You will work closely with broker at senior management and operational level, collaborating with Aviva colleagues in all GI business units to find and make profitable growth happen, performance managing the International Broker account with Aviva. You will be responsible for account planning and delivery at national level, deal management, senior relationship engagement and performance management.
The International Brokers are Aviva’s largest and most complex commercial lines oriented brokers. Understanding their strategy, portfolio, placement approach, navigating their structure to get the best alignment with Aviva appetite – and then negotiating trading propositions and orchestrating actions to deliver on the opportunity - are key expectations for the successful candidate.
Skills & experience you will need:
- Relationship/Account management experience, within the Insurance Broker market
- Ideally, have good understanding of the General Insurance environment
- Articulate and confident communicator
- The ability to build positive relationships and influence others across a range of business areas
- Energetic and forward looking, with ability to work to common goals without close supervision
- Someone who is focused on delivery and outputs
- An ability to plan and implement at a strategic and tactical level
- Good understanding of deal construction and broker account performance
- Strong analytical skill with ability to work with tools to develop solutions accordingly
- Decisive with a willingness to take ownership of problems and their solutions
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme