Start up backed by a multi- billion family office are recruiting a quant developer .
The role involves many things such as:-
- Contribute to the development of thetechnology and automation of routine tasks.
- Improve execution/alphas through backtesting/analysis
- Assist in the deployment and verification of upgrades to the production environment’s technical infrastructure, custom trading applications, market data distribution plant, etc.
- Onboard and organise new data sets.
- Help launch new strategies and model.
- Learn, try and implement new technologies (we love open source).
- Proactively deal with monitoring alerts and help develop the monitoring platform.
- Provide support for issues.
- Design and implement trading infrastructure, build data analytics tools or develop real-time execution strategies.
- Work on complex computational and data related problems. Implement efficient and innovative solutions
- Build tools and engine that enhance our ability to analyse data and contribute to improve workflow.
- Support post-trade activities to aid effective clearing and accurate record-keeping.
- Development and maintenance of all systems, including Linux servers and desktops, databases, storage solutions, etc.
- Significant programming experience is a must, as is a genuine passion for solving complex problems through programming.
- You enjoy coding, rather than considering it just a tool, but want your code to have real world results and effects.
- You know about data structures and algorithms, and can practically apply the knowledge to real world problems.
- You have strong communication skills and a simple, down-to-earth style when articulating your ideas.
- You’re self-directed and can effectively and independently manage your time across various projects.
- You’re honest, reliable and take pride in your work.
- You’re enthusiastic, driven to develop your skills and open to new ideas
- You’re flexible, adaptable and can jump from individual contributor to collaborative team member.
- Work is conducted in a Linux environment, mainly in C++ and Python, and embraces grid computing. Skills and knowledge here would be very helpful, but not essential.
Ideally you will have a strong undergraduate degree in a numerate discipline from a top-tier university.
Please contact Sara Hunter at email@example.com