Stakeholder Engagement and Content Manager, D&I
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- The Stakeholder Engagement and Content Manager is responsible for supporting the Head of Diversity & Inclusion and Global Head of Communications - HR and Culture to implement and embed the Bank's Diversity & Inclusion strategy, engaging with and managing key stakeholders (internally and externally), raising awareness, increasing understanding and demonstrating the Bank's commitment to creating an inclusive culture. All in support of delivering the Bank's purpose, strategic priorities and refreshed People Strategy while upholding and reinforcing the Bank's valued behaviours and brand promise - Here for good.
- Ensure that D&I activities aligns with business objectives and drives team performance and risk management at all levels.
- Drive awareness of D&I and its value and coordinate across the Bank focusing on supporting key stakeholders.
People and Talent
- Build and manage strong relationships with the Global D&I Council, senior leaders across the Bank and key stakeholder groups to support on implementing the Bank's D&I strategy including providing advice, encouraging engagement, producing key message documents, speaker notes, presentations, and providing regular progress updates (via a range channels).
- Lead on the delivery of D&I external engagements to raise the profile of our commitments and progress, including conferences (Bloomberg Equality Summit 2019, Davos, UN, International Monetary Fund) and award applications.
- Draft D&I responses and updates for Head, Diversity & Inclusion, Global Head of HR, Global D&I Council and other key stakeholders as appropriate.
- Manage all D&I content and the ongoing management on sc.com (our external website) and the Bridge (our internal collaboration platform).
- Provide editorial advice and guidance in the development of any D&I toolkits and learning materials.
- Source stories and write articles on the latest D&I initiatives including employee stories for our internal and external channels, manage the D&I newsletter and ghost write content on behalf of D&I council members and business leaders.
- Draft and provide editorial advice for D&I content for external submission and reporting, including our Annual Report, Sustainability Report, Gender Pay Gap Report and HM Treasury Women in Finance progress update.
- Work closely with Corporate Affairs and Brand & Marketing, providing subject matter expertise and project insights, to support on the successful development and execution of the Bank-wide Communications Strategy and Plan for D&I and the communications plans for individual campaigns.
- Project manage the Bank-wide activity and campaigns for internationally recognised D&I dates e.g. International Women's' Day working with stakeholders across the Bank to ensure a co-ordinated, considered approach that aligns to the agreed messaging.
- Continually learn and keep abreast of industry best practice, foster collaboration across the network - particularly Corporate Affairs and Brand & Marketing.
- Ensure all D&I activity meets budget requirements.
- Measure, track, and report on all D&I activity - sharing success and areas for improvement, working with relevant stakeholders.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values.
- Awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them.
- The ability to interpret the Group's financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Responsible for delivering 'effective governance' and 'project management'; capability to challenge key stakeholders effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Assist the Group D&I functions to achieve outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Global D&I Council
- Country CEOs
- Country D&I Councils
- HR Management / HR community
- Employee Resource Groups
- Corporate Affairs and Brand & Marketing
- External vendors and suppliers (as appropriate)
- Peers across the business and function
- Extensive experience doing a similar role in a global and complex organisation
- Ability to engage, challenge and influence senior management and work at all levels across the organisation
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to write concise, engaging and inspiring communications
- Ability to quickly understand complex issues and reinterpret as needed to suit differing audience needs
- Ability to work collaboratively with a geographically distributed workforce
- Skilled in initiating feedback and research and interpreting data to drive business decisions
- S trong analytical skills
- Ability to execute tactically and operate with limited support, as well as to lead
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, with excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of financial services sector preferred
- Understanding and knowledge for Diversity & Inclusion preferred
- A good fit with Standard Chartered's culture and valued behaviours
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.