Sr. Solutions Architect - Global Enterprise Migrations
DESCRIPTION Would you like to engage with senior technical and business leaders of enterprises to help them achieve increased agility and create significant business value by migrating to AWS? Can you work equally well with executives and technologists, leading high-visibility, high-impact IT transformation projects that are technically broad and deep? Do you understand the challenges of cloud migration projects? Do you have experience leading technical strategy and enterprise architecture across diverse global teams driving change and business value at significant scale?
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring Senior Migration Solutions Architects to work alongside our enterprise account teams to help customers accelerate their cloud migration journey. The Migration Solutions Architect works with Account Managers and Solutions Architects assigned to high-value enterprises in a geography, helping them to effectively lead migration assessment, readiness and strategy across a broader team of cross functional resources within such enterprises. At the onset of a large migration engagement, AWS Migration Solutions Architects focus on understanding customer business drivers as well as the existing datacenter architecture to deliver a Cloud readiness assessment to the customer. Migration Solution architects then use these inputs to design reliable and scalable cloud infrastructure foundations, as well as help build the overall migration plan.
The Migration Solutions Architect also collaborates with the Professional Services lead, Business Development lead, and Partner lead for their geography to ensure successful management of customer progression through programs like the Migration Acceleration Program. The Migration Solution Architect must have the ability to gain technical credibility with internal as well as customer technical leaders, and must also be able to mentor account Solution architects on migration best practices.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about:
• Working with large scale networks, compute and storage architectures to help remove roadblocks in customer migration projects.
• Defining and executing technical migration strategies by working with highly technical teams within AWS (Solutions Architects, Technical Account Managers, professional services consultants and consulting/managed services partners).
• Engaging with development, infrastructure, security and IT operations teams at the customer and identifying repeatable patterns and architectures for cloud migration.
• Creating, articulating, and positioning an innovative and compelling vision and value proposition so that customer executives clearly realize the financial benefits and transformational value of migrating to AWS.
• Driving the co-development of new go-to-market approaches and opportunities with the Geo business lead.
• Identifying platform improvements, influencing future iterations of the AWS platform and the Migration Acceleration Program.
• Working as part of a cross functional team to identify, develop, and close deals.
• Engaging with C-level customer executives to inspire, define and execute on Enterprise cloud migration strategies demonstrating thought-leadership and a 'can do' approach to enterprise migrations, working backwards from customer needs.
This is a senior role in the Solutions Architecture organization at AWS. This role provides a unique opportunity to lead transformational change in large enterprise customers in their journey to the cloud. East Coast-focused role, can work out of any East Coast or Central location (with frequent travel to East coast). Relocation available.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS BASIC QUALIFICATIONS• 10+ years of IT consulting experience as a technical leader in customer-facing roles OR 10+ years of IT consulting experience as a technical specialist in customer-facing roles.
• 7+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications.
• 5+ years across Enterprise IT in multiple of the following areas: Infrastructure architecture; Database architecture; IP Networking; Zero downtime migrations, IT Security; Data Center Operations, Cloud operating model, Software design or development
• 5+ Experience architecting highly available, resilient, fault tolerant systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal/vertical scaling and high availability
• 3+ years of expertise in private and public Cloud Computing (i.e. AWS platform), technologies and architectural best practices.
• 3+ years of expert level technical acumen and the ability to understand the customer landscape, identify opportunities and overcome any technical obstacles, ultimately influencing the adoption of AWS platform to meet or exceed business requirements.
• A technical undergraduate degree/Bachelor's degree.
• Willingness to travel to customer locations as needed. Estimated 30% travel requirement.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS• Extensive experience architecting, designing and migrating workloads to AWS• Master's degree in a technical discipline.
• Experience in leading datacenter or cloud migration projects.
• Understanding and experience managing large IT budgets, complex vendor relationships, and working with Enterprise finance teams to create ROI and cash flow analyses required to justify cloud migrations.
• Prior Leadership experience in leading engineering or technical teams.
• Experience in a range of migration discovery, profiling, migration, and operations technologies and tools.
• Depth in various migration techniques such as rehost, refactor, rearchitect, replatform, repurchase, etc.
• Experience with compute, networking, storage, and database replication technologies.
• Understanding of Enterprise Architecture Frameworks and Enterprise IT management frameworks, identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets.
• Experience in designing, building, and operating global IT infrastructures.
• Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards including PCI DSS, SOC-1&2, ISO 27001, HIPAA, GxP and FDA.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.