Sr Manager FinOps BP
DESCRIPTION Finance is all about the numbers ... unless you work at Amazon; where it's understanding the numbers and so much more that matters. Enthusiasm helps us deliver new ideas and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures, and are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? Will you seek to challenge the status quo, and accept that your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires us to work with a dynamic network of Business Partners. We help others understand finance and are the trusted business advisors as we employ every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and leaders have the most up-to-date and reliable information to make the best possible decisions. Come teach us a few things, and we'll teach you a few things back as we navigate the most customer-centric company on Earth.
Amazon seeks a Finance Operations Business Partner Manager to lead part of our rapidly growing world-wide Finance Operations team.
The goal of the team is to deliver a seamless order-to-cash process that enables Amazon's ongoing expansion within Europe. The team is embedded in the business, working closely with account teams, program managers, external customers, operations, other functions within our multiple business units and a broad spectrum of the Amazon finance community. In addition to working closely with these diverse groups, the Finance Operations team also supports Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon Fresh, Amazon Prime, Kindle-Offline, Amazon Instant Video, Advertising, Category & Entity expansions and Gift Certificates.
The successful candidate will lead, develop and motivate a team who will partner closely with the business teams. Together they will drive new business integration and expansion projects and cost-out initiatives centred on reducing defects to eliminate waste, leading to improvements which generate operating margin and/or free cash flow opportunities on behalf of the company.
This is an exciting role, located in London at the heart of Amazon's European finance group. It involves more than simply optimising what works today. Rather it requires building additional functionalities, streamlining processes and driving new Self Service tools through design and testing all the way to adoption.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Being a Finance leader working in the EMEA Finance Operations team
• All aspects of financial control, performance management and decision support
• Influencing at a senior level to strengthen business controls and add incremental value
• Communicating with Amazon leadership in the UK, across EMEA and Worldwide
• Contributing to planning, forecasting and reporting Profit/Loss and working capital metrics
• Building robust business case analyses of new programmes, deals and acquisition proposals
• Decision support analysis to support commercial terms negotiations
• Partnering with internal (e.g. Advertising, Transportation, Amazon Web Services, Digital Devices, Digital Content and Amazon Employees) and external business partners (customers, suppliers and service providers) as well as other finance teams to drive improvement activities, efficiency gains and decision support
• Contributing to the prioritisation of objectives and organisational development to help support rapid business growth and bring the Finance Operations function to the next level of business partnering and support
• Supporting the team and management to drive ever increasing accountability for Finance Operations processes with a focus on processes that directly impact business performance
• Coordinating and/or playing a leading role in business and operations reviews designed to identify expansion projects, changes in business trajectory, controllership enhancements and accounting risks
• Driving vendor and customer issues to resolution enabling a virtuous cycle of opportunity for the greater business
• Driving ad-hoc cross-functional projects from inception to implementation
• Supporting the development of project roadmaps and working with multiple teams to implement effective long-term solutions which optimise the productivity of the team as well as that of our business partners
• Delivering input and analysis to monthly balance sheet and operations reviews with the Finance Operations VPs, Business VPs and Directors, and then quarterly with the world-wide Amazon CFO
The ideal candidate will be an intelligent, talented person experienced in an industry finance role with an understanding of Finance Operations (order to cash, purchase to pay, record to report), periodic financial reporting and related analytical analysis with knowledge of various operational finance procedures and policies ideally from a Business to Business (B2B) Service or Retail environment.
You will have demonstrated the ability to successfully lead complex, milestone driven projects. Additional traits we are looking for are a strong desire to exceed expectations, effective interpersonal skills; including persuasive written and oral communication, solid organisational skills, ability to assess and manage risk and some experience with information technology.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Fluency in English
• - Qualified Accountant (CPA / ACCA / ACA / CIMA or equivalent); or
- Masters qualification with 5+ years of finance / operational experience; or
- 7+ years of finance / operational experience
• Ability to solve complex problems within and outside your direct scope of responsibility, diving deep into data to prove out root causes of system or process defect
• Ability to drive cross-functional teams to implement scalable solutions, delivering multiple projects to agreed deadlines
• Ability to communicate both in writing and orally in a manner necessary to build relationships and positively influence decision making
• You have a track record of earning the trust of leadership by challenging norms, enabling growth and improving efficiency
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience in process improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma, with profound knowledge of how best-practice tools and processes work
• Project management experience, working with technology and product managers to drive technology roadmaps
• Excellent analytical skills, a passion for metrics and figures and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture
• Experienced at communicating complex analysis clearly and concisely
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Excellent bias for action, including the ability to juggle multiple priorities
• Business to Business (B2B) Services or Retail accounts receivable experience
• SQL and Advanced Excel Skills
• Experience with Oracle Financials