Sr Java Developer
- As Per Market
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Synechron Inc.
- 31 Oct 18
Synechron, Inc. is seeking a Sr. Java Developer for a leading Investment Banking client based out at London.
Synechron, one of the fastest-growing digital, business consulting & technology services providers, is a $500 million firm based in New York. Since inception in 2001, Synechron has been on a steep growth trajectory. With 8,000+ professionals operating in 18 countries across the world, it has presence across US, Canada, UK, The Netherlands, Ireland, Germany, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Italy, France, Serbia, Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, Philippines, United Arab Emirates and Development Centers in Pune, Bangalore & Hyderabad in India.
We are presently looking for a Senior Java Developer – London
- Client is looking for a Senior Java Developer to work on a global, business critical Fixed Income Sales Booking Platform.
- We are looking for a dynamic and creative individual to join our global team of software developers creating innovative workflows for our global sales force.
- The team provides sales trade capture and lifecycle management applications across a range of products including cash bonds, credit and rates derivatives, exotics and Repo.
- The architecture is multi-tier with a WPF front end supported by a Java service layer and Sybase database.
- There are also extensive usage of Lucene/Elastic Search to provide performant and intuitive search capabilities.
The role is primarily for a senior Java developer with a strong record of technical delivery and will include leadership of project focused teams.
A major component of the role will be extensive interaction with the global Fixed Income Sales business in order to formulate strategy, analyse workflow and deliver benefit to the business.
- Working closely with users (globally) and sales management to understand requirements and develop the necessary functionality to support these requirements.
- Work closely with the other members of the sales technology team to ensure the technology strategy is being adhered to and contribute to the development of this strategy.
- Provide 3rd level development support to users as and when required.
- As the team and user base are global in nature, the role requires excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to take the initiative and work under minimal supervision are also essential.
- Strong experience in core Java experience (including Spring)
- Strong design fundamentals (OO, patterns, etc)
- Strong XML knowledge
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Lucene/Elastic Search
- Scripting (ksh, bash)
- Fixed Income product knowledge (bonds, CDS, IRD, etc)
- Knowledge of FpML
- Knowledge of Repo