In this role, you will configure, install, administer, operate, upgrade, monitor, sustain, and support existing data centers, network, hardware, software, processes, applications, systems, databases, desktops, peripherals, and other related Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) while providing Subject Matter Expertise (SME) on all Citrix implementations. You will be responsible for service delivery across all technology domains and all consumers, including execution of all backup, recovery, disaster recovery, and related capabilities.
- Leads projects or work streams within broader projects
- Accountable for work of self and sometimes others, provides process and standards SME advice in Citrix and VDI
- Works independently, receives minimal mentoring
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job.
If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us.
Role summary and job responsibilities
- Responsible for the administration, support, improvement, and automation of the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Virtual Machine (VM) provisioning processes, VM Operating System image updates, and VDI cloud management administration with a strong focus on Citrix products and implementations
- Responsible for creating and maintaining all related process and procedure documentation
- Responsible for off-hour and weekend support for various VDI updates and implementations
- Responsible for swiftly resolving disruptions to technology services to minimize user impacts and maintain service levels
- Reviews the production readiness of VDI implementations and application deployments and coordinates next steps across the involved teams
- Oversees and provides guidance on analysis of performance trends and actions being taken for preventing potential impacts
- Effectively uses logic as a problem-solving tool
- Demonstrates understanding of statistical models for problem analysis
- Actively helps team members and makes suggestions to improve practices
- Possesses solid understanding of the tech and asset management industries and internal business units to enable navigation of key partners and understanding of impact
- Citrix VAD Subject Matter Expertise
- Typically requires 3+ years of relevant experience
- Requires in-depth knowledge and expertise in your job discipline and working knowledge of related disciplines
- A solid understanding of the broader technology portfolio
- Stays abreast of industry trends and technologies
- Maintains root cause analysis skills for investigation of incidents impacting technology availability
- Reviews capacity utilization for trends and raises awareness across teams to address areas of excess and shortages
- Administers processes and procedures related to code management
- Engages various teams to evaluate and implement performance tuning recommendations
- Citrix certification
- Experience working with Dell EMC VxRail HCI, VMWare
- Experience working with various cloud service providers
- Windows 10 Desktop Support knowledge and experience
- PowerShell scripting for process automation
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.