Sr. Application Support Analyst
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee ( Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Role/ Department:
The Corporate & Institutional Services (C&IS) IT division of Northern Trust is looking to engage an Application Consultant, to join the Investment Operations Outsourcing (IOO) Technology Support team in London, United Kingdom.
The IOO Technology Support team is responsible for providing technical Single Point of Contact for both Northern Trust Clients and Business Partners, and to give technical advice, Service Request and Incident resolution in a professional and timely manner.
The team oversees adherence to the ITIL process between various application support teams within the organization, and serves a pivotal role in Critical Incident Management, and long-term Problem resolution. The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Be a technical point of contact for clients of Norther Trust, and their IT teams.
- Be a point of contact for Northern Trust Business Partners.
- Follow the ITIL processes for Incident, Problem, Service Request & Change Management.
- Participate in team mailbox monitoring and managing.
- Contribute to regular team workshops
- Update the Knowledge Base regularly
- Compile weekly and monthly KPI reports
- Participate in Functional Standard Meetings with Clients and Partners
- Manage and monitor the Production environment.
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve production stability and build strong relationships with fellow support teams.
- Ensure incidents are prioritized and worked on in proper order and review backlog items to ensure they move forward to closure.
- Participates in governance activities and service reviews.
- Take leadership on cross-team incidents to drive to resolution.
- Escalate bottlenecks to management.
- Operate independently
- Carry out activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult.
- Develop periodic goals, set short-term priorities, and ensure timely and accurate completion of work.
- Periodically engage with business partners to review progress and priorities and develop and maintain rapport through professional interactions with clear, concise communications.
- Ensure cross-functional deliverables, including bug fixes & scheduling changes etc. are scheduled and completed by the relevant teams, on time.
- Contribute to a strong and cohesive team environment in which people cooperate to resolve problems, improve production reliability, stability, and availability.
Working with Us:
- A Bachelor's or higher degree in either Business, Mathematics, IT or similar
- Relevant, verifiable training and/or work experience
- Demonstrated Application Support skills
- Demonstrated team player skills
- General understanding of the Corporate Banking industry
- Demonstrated knowledge of Corporate Banks' main structure and operations
- Some knowledge of main financial instrument types: FX, Cash, Derivatives, etc.
- Basic financial knowledge: Accounting, PVM, Discounting, Calculation of Interest
- Good mathematical and statistical abilities
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio, and Outlook
- Solid understanding of MS Sharepoint, MS Access, and MS VBA
- Familiarity with ITSM Service Now, Atlassian® JIRA and Confluence, Control-M, MQ, and IBM AS400
- Proficiency in SQL
- Good understanding of relational DBMS's
- Demonstrated knowledge of scripting and automation (preferably in Python)
- Demonstrated understanding of batch processing and workflows.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways: Financial
- Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review Work Life Balance
- Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days Health & Wellbeing
- Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program Professional Development
- Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives. And Finally
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.