Join us as a Specialist Business Control Analyst, Upstream Risk
What you'll do
- This specialist role will see you partnering with the business and Risk function to identify, assess and manage its risks within agreed risk appetite, using the bank's risk frameworks
- Within this specialist capacity, you'll make a vital contribution to driving a generative culture of risk awareness, ensuring the organisation's strategies are delivered safely, recommending solutions to operations and policy that meet legislative, regulatory or political changes from jurisdictional regulators or standard setters
- Hone your risk awareness skills and advance your career in this fast-paced and varied role with a firm emphasis on your development
We'll look to you to deliver a robust regulatory risk governance framework in line with the operational risk handbook and conduct and compliance handbook.
You'll engage with risk colleagues and RBSI SMEs to review and assess the impact of regulatory changes, building credible and realistic plans and recommendation to move and sustain regulatory compliance and a control environment certification rating within risk appetite.
Other key responsibilities are to include:
The skills you'll need
- Undertaking impact assessments of regulatory changes, including upstream risk and within agreed timescales
- Engaging SMEs to deliver impact assessments and solution recommendations
- Assisting in responding to queries from customers and stakeholders promptly within in agreed timelines
- Providing a clear understanding of customer and stakeholder needs to deliver the most appropriate and fit-for-purpose solution and recommendation that meet regulatory changes
- Suggesting areas of customer or business focused improvement in their daily processing, and escalating appropriately
To be successful in this role you'll need an understanding of regulatory risk and control assessment as well as good analytical and communication skills, particularly in relation to written communication and summarising documents.
On top of this, you'll bring:
- An awareness of changes in trends, policies and regulations relating to the business
- An understanding of our industry and customers
- A thorough understanding of products, processes, policies and banking systems
- The ability to influence at all levels
- Strong analytical and assessment skills
Salary starting from £32,173.00 to £45,348.00 depending on location and experience