- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
See job description for details
Join Coutts as a Specialist Adviser in London
- Take on a role with real scope for development and deliver quality financial planning advice to our clients
- Based in the professional client group, which is a key sector for Coutts, you'll be working closely with Wealth Managers and Private Bankers to provide the expert financial advice our clients need
- At Coutts we offer modern banking based on traditional values - so although our name may be steeped in history, our products and services are very much for today
What you'll do
You'll be the lead adviser where financial planning and complex structuring opportunities have been identified for clients with more than £1 million of investments. This will involve collaborating with Wealth Managers to build strong client relationships for our investment clients in the professional sector. You'll also be identifying opportunities to grow the business by strengthening existing relationships and deepening the number of client needs met.
As you'll be providing trusted and regulated advice to clients, you'll be working in perfect compliance with all relevant policy, risk and control frameworks.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading on all referrals received from the Wealth Manager population to advise clients on their financial planning needs
- Increasing awareness of the benefits of financial planning and structuring within the Wealth Manager population so that referral opportunities increase
- Becoming a subject matter expert on all areas of financial planning and wealth management and where required helping internal stakeholders understand the benefits of financial planning
- Coaching and mentoring junior members of staff, both formally and informally
- Keeping up-to-date with financial markets and macroeconomic news, and being well informed of Coutts' views of markets and asset classes, in order to effectively communicate to colleagues and clients
- Demonstrating a fundamental commitment to Coutts' Business principles through outstanding client service, professionalism and risk management
The skills you'll need
We're looking for someone with a successful record of delivering advice in a regulated, client focused environment. You must also possess at least a CISI Level 4 certificate (or equivalent) and be willing to work towards the achievement of a level 6 qualification covering securities, derivatives and packaged products, within six months of starting this role, if you don't have this already.
We'll also look to you to demonstrate:
- A record of delivering strong results and excellent client service
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to build strong and trusting relationships with clients, colleagues and stakeholders across the bank
- Appropriate investment skills, including expertise in detailed client profiling, risk analysis and asset allocation
- Strong client relationship management skills
- The passion to keep learning and developing, and an ability to articulate current views on the macro-economic environments and financial markets
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At Coutts, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under the Certified Regime (CR) of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to enhanced pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy several background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check and personal, financial and social conduct assessment.
You can find out more about IAR by visiting Bank of England website and searching for "Individual Accountability Regime".