Specialist - Financial Crime Compliance
Who we're looking for
As a Specialist within the Group Financial Crime Compliance (GFCC) Team you will have an instrumental role for supporting and promoting the financial crime framework throughout Schroders supporting the wider GFCC Team. Reporting into a Senior Manager you will work closely with the team and key business stakeholders across all Schroders locations to advise on all aspects of financial crime; anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing, anti-bribery and corruption, sanctions, tax evasion, and investigations.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. We have everything we need to work flexibly.
You'll be working within a team of financial crime professionals, based both in the UK and across our global locations, all with different areas of expertise to continue to develop and implement a suitable and functional financial crime framework.
What you'll do
• Reporting into a Senior Manager to design and continually develop operational processes to support the wider Group Financial Crime Framework
• Take the lead in investigating suspicious activity and fraud, including liaising with external parties and submitting reports to various Law Enforcement as required
• Respond to advisory based queries sent to GFCC via the central inbox
• Ensure escalation of any higher risk scenarios, supporting in delivery of any agreed actions as a result
• Oversee and action activity required in monitoring tools such as the escalation of name screening or transaction monitoring alerts generated with a suitable rationale
• Review regulatory developments and horizon scanning notifications to ensure the framework implemented remains current
• Support in the production of Management Information for ongoing reporting requirements
• Where required, support in the provision of training on areas you oversee to teams throughout the business
• Build close working relationships with stakeholders across the global business to maintain your understanding and knowledge of business activity, client relationships, etc
• Attending appropriate industry groups to keep informed of current or prospective regulatory developments and industry best practices
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Typical educational requirement: degree or equivalent industry recognised qualification
• Demonstrable interest and experience in financial crime risks and operational output to support controls mitigating risk
• Ability to identify and escalate possible issues and/or concerns to Senior Management
• Ability to communicate with others in the organisation across functional boundaries
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Experience within Asset or Wealth Management would be helpful, although we will teach you the business
• An understanding of, and interest in, financial crime regulation and legislation
• Proven experience in investigating suspicious activity, including fraud and cyber related crime, and engagement with external Law Enforcement parties
What you'll be like
• Keen to develop and maintain your understanding of the Schroders business model, relevant to your role
• A willingness to continue expanding on your financial crime knowledge and experiences
• Show initiative and a collaborative approach to the identification of issues, talking them through with your manager to find suitable resolutions
• Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders of the team, as well as being a trusted advisor to the businesses within Schroders
• Good communication skills
• Organised - take responsibility for managing your time and workload with support from your manager as required
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.