Sovereign Credit Analyst/Assistant Portfolio Manager
- Competitive package offered
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Old Mutual Global Investors
- 14 Mar 18 2018-03-14
We are currently looking for a Sovereign Credit Analyst/Assistant Portfolio Manager to join our London based Fixed Income investment team.
The main purpose of this role is to produce sovereign credits analysis, formulation of investment ideas and portfolio monitoring.
Key Responsibilities and Scope of role:
• Research and conduct sovereign credit analysis, provide trade recommendations on the countries under coverage
• Assist lead PM in ensuring the portfolio is constructed in compliance with best TCF practice, funds run in accordance with investment guidelines.
• Track the fund’s risk and performance.
Sovereign Credit Analysis
• Provide informative and accurate analysis of economic and political developments and prospects in the countries under coverage.
• Identify any major country imbalances and provide early warning of changes to the long-term economic outlook.
• Outline material differences between in-house views and consensus, translate into investment ideas.
• Positive performance contribution from investment recommendations.
• Clear, accurate and proactive advice to the wider team.
• Assist in the development of the research process.
• Produce research notes for internal use as directed.
• Track and help develop a series of proprietary quantitative tools and spreadsheets
• Build and maintain relationships with sell side for market information
• Assist with projects where required. Further develop quantitative relative value framework to screen for trade ideas.
New Business Development
• Represent team and company in internal and external client presentations
• Assist in the team’s operational and business development activities
Key Risk and FCA requirements
• Meet and maintain the criteria for approval (Honesty, integrity and reputation; Competence and capability; Financial soundness), and be able to demonstrate this to OMGI and the FCA if required.
• Perform the controlled function in accordance with the set of FCA standards (The Fit and Proper Test for Approved Persons (FIT)).
Qualifications and Experience required:
• Bachelor Degree in Economics and/or Finance; master’s degree preferred
• Significant level of experience as an EM sovereign credit analyst or economist with strong fixed income markets knowledge
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills required; proficient knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint, Bloomberg, Macrobond;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Key Behavioural Skills:
• Act with integrity, due skill, care and diligence
• Ensure customer outcomes are the focus of our business and we are respected by regulators
• Collaborate with peers across the Organisation
• Share openly and be transparent
• Adopt a responsible approach
• Maintain our entrepreneurial culture
• Strive for continuous improvement
• Lead by example