Looking for a skilled Solvency II Accountant to join our Sydnicate team here at Hiscox.
Syndicate Reporting Accountant
Reporting to The Head of Syndicate Reporting
This is a great opportunity for a Syndicate Accountant to join a very efficient and dynamic team. We have 23 staff based in our Colchester and London offices. The team is responsible for maintaining the ledgers, the internal and external reporting including IFRS, UK GAAP, Solvency II and tax of our three Managed Syndicates (33, 3624 and 6104), Managing agent and corporate member.
Based in London and reporting to the Head of Reporting for Hiscox Syndicates Limited (HSL), you will be responsible for the production of the Solvency II Lloyds reporting for Syndicate 3624, within the agreed working day timetable. You will work closely with different areas of the business such as actuarial, underwriting, claims, MI, group finance, treasury and investments, as well as all business units using syndicate capacity. Therefore being able to communicate with a range of people is a must.
What you'll be doing in the role
- Responsible for the production of Lloyd's Solvency II regulatory returns for Syndicate 3624 to include QSR/ASR
- Responsible for the production of Standard Formula for Syndicate 3624
- Work closely with the Actuarial team around the calculation of the Technical Provision's (TP's) for Syndicate 3624
- Assist with the CIL process for Hiscox Dedicated Corporate Member (HDCM)
- Assist where required on other Lloyd's regulatory returns
- Be the key point of contact for technical queries with regards to syndicate Solvency
- Working closely with the Head of Reporting, assist in building a controlled and sustainable Solvency II reporting framework post the implementation of Oracle, which meets the syndicates' reporting needs in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Become a subject matter expert (SME) and provide assistance and support to the Head of Reporting on key Finance projects namely the Finance Transformation Project and other group wide projects in relation to SII
- Liaise and build good relationships with the Colchester reporting team
- Build relationships with stakeholders in reserving, capital modelling and Group finance functions to improve the quality of information reported both internally within the group and externally to Lloyd's.
- Build relationship with the auditors ensuring audit queries are answered and closed off in a timely manner.
Our must haves
- Be a qualified accountant, with one to two years PQE.
- Experience working in the insurance industry
- Have excellent working knowledge of Solvency II and other Lloyd's reporting requirements.
- Possess excellent IT skills, with exposure to data modelling software and accounting ledger being a real benefit due to the nature of the reporting required in the role
- Ability to maintain excellent attention to detail whilst working with high volumes of data
- Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Confident communicator who builds good relationships across the business.
- Self-motivated working as a team and individually.
- Be educated to degree level.
Diversity and flexible working at Hiscox
At Hiscox we care about our people. We hire the best people for the job and we're committed to diversity and creating a truly inclusive culture, which we believe drives success. We also understand that working life doesn't always have to be 'nine to five' and we support flexible working wherever we can. No promises, but please chat to our resourcing team about the flexibility we could offer for this role.