- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Solutions Specialist – Insurance
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
The EMEA Insurance sales team requires an ambitious and driven individual to provide technical advisory and drive our client engagement within our highly experienced and diversified team across EMEA. This involves understanding insurers' needs in terms of asset allocation, capital modelling, and valuation, undertaking detailed demonstrations and presentations, and performing bespoke analysis to map business needs/challenges with the different solutions offered by Moody's. Possibility to take on further responsibility with experience, as well as to contribute to the thought leadership and technical direction of the company.
Proactively working with prospective clients through the advisory and sales process, providing technical assistance and guidance as required.
- Themes covered: ALM, Portfolio Optimisation, ESG, IFRS17, Solvency 2, Internal Models, Capital Management, Stress Testing, ORSA
- Working with clients to understand their requirements and demands in detail - either meeting these directly, or interacting with other Moody's teams (e.g. Product Management; Quantitative Research) to provide the required service/response.
- Advising clients on appropriate functionality, model choices and techniques, Moody's calibration methodologies and upcoming solutions and model developments, to help them make the best use of Moody's offerings.
- Undertaking bespoke analysis to better map prospective clients' business needs and challenges to Moody's tools and services.
- Providing training and support in relation to Moody's products, models and calibrations as part of the sales process
- Work with current clients to understand business challenges and advise them how Moody's products and services can assist. Ensure clients get the most from the relationship with Moody's through engaging with Moody's research and product management.
- Contribute to thought leadership initiatives through regular presentations, white papers, input into internal discussions in trends in the life insurance market, impact of new regulations and new roles for Moody's.
- Working closely to support new clients through the post-sales implementation period.
- Position requires travel which is largely self-managed and planned in advance (approximately 50% of your time).
Insurance ERS business of Moody's Analytics, provides world-class risk modelling solutions to the financial services industry around the globe. Our product suite and advisory capability allows our clients to understand and model economic and asset price uncertainty, helping them to improve their understanding of both short and long term financial market risk exposure and pricing
- A good first degree and either a relevant post-graduate qualification (PhD or MSc) or strong quantitative skills. Actuarial student preferred.
- Fluency in English is required and in another European language preferable.
- Relevant life insurance market experience.
- Candidates should be familiar with Monte Carlo simulation techniques and Stochastic calculus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with teams from different backgrounds and at all levels.
- Experience in life insurance and an understanding of the current regulatory environment as well as an appreciation for regulatory changes such as Solvency II or IFRS17. Either directly from industry or from consultancy.
- A strong understanding of life insurance products, features and management strategies; some familiarity with the technical ALM modelling challenges and/or capital modeling challenges faced by the industry and the range of approaches being adopted to meet these challenges.
- Experience in using, implementing or reviewing Moody's stochastic asset models, or from other market providers of stochastic asset models would be highly preferred
- A track record in the delivery of small projects or well-defined parts of larger projects, either in consultancy or within an insurance company (e.g. managed part of financial reporting process).
- Good knowledge of Excel/VBA.
- Communicates proactively at technical levels internally and externally.
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.