Solutions Change Manager - FTC 6 Months
Who we're looking for
We're looking for a Solutions Change Manager with the diligence and care to ensure that our clients' Liability Driven Investment (LDI) solutions are properly specified and deliver to their objectives.
We want someone who is organised and thorough. Someone who can develop a keen understanding of our processes and ensure they are operated to the highest standard every time so we capture and implement the exposures expected, in a risk controlled way.
You'll be busy, working with the other Solution Change Managers, LDI Solutions team and portfolio managers and a range of wider teams to help deliver integrated solutions. In particular, ensuring that our clients' mandate data is accurately reflected in our systems and monitoring the implementation of regular changes and updates to client mandates. You will also be constantly looking to improve the way that we operate; inputting into the development of our systems and processes to ensure they are safe, scalable and operated effectively.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
We design and run liability hedging and related strategies for clients, using our range of LDI pooled funds, as well as through segregated portfolios.
We deliver effective liability hedging solutions that are built in the context of our clients' overall objectives and strategy. We analyse our clients' projected liability cashflows and construct a mix of gilt and derivative based exposures that hedge their interest rate and inflation risk.
The solutions principally use physical gilts, gilt based derivatives such as repo and total return swaps, and interest rate and inflation swaps. In addition, we integrate these hedging strategies with complementary exposures including other derivative overlays (e.g. equity options, futures and total swaps, currency hedges or synthetic credit exposures) or a range of credit strategies. Our clients are mostly pension schemes, with a bias towards the UK Defined Benefit market.
We are expert in understanding client needs, shaping a solution to fit their requirements and overseeing the delivery of their desired outcome, from translating objectives into a suitable formal document, through the operational setup and onboarding to the execution and ongoing maintenance of their hedging exposures.
We work within the governance structure that best suits our clients, and integrate our portfolio with their other investments, whether they are with Schroders or other asset managers. In many cases, this means leading Schroders representation of blended solutions that combine many of our capabilities.
We look for ways to standardise and automate our day to day work, so we can give extra care and attention to the things that make a difference. We take pride in creating interesting content that tells our story in a clear, concise and compelling way.
We're a multi-talented team. We work closely together so that we can swap ideas, share information and manage risks. And we're open to flexible working where appropriate, so we can all balance our personal and professional commitments.
What you'll do
• Help to manage and oversee the team's workflow and regular activities
• Work closely with the Solution Change Managers and Solutions Managers to ensure that client mandate data and changes are captured and reflected accurately in our systems
• Assist on specific centralised projects that impact across all clients
• Focus on our systems and processes, helping to maintain a strong control environment to ensure accurate delivery of client outcomes
• Help us grow our business by bringing scale and automation, working with other team members and our IT support teams
• Enhance relationships, particularly across various internal Schroders teams.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Care and diligence in reviewing and overseeing data driven processes
• Strong data management and manipulation skills
• Ability to manage and oversee workflow and deadlines
• The desire to make the way we do things more robust, scalable and efficient
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• A desire to understand Liability Driven Investment and Fixed Income Solutions
• No prior experience is needed for this role
• A-Levels (or equivalent) or university degree
What you'll be like
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic
• Flexible, highly curious and willing to learn
• Diligent, thorough and accurate
• A critical thinker who's able to look at things from different angles and challenge existing ways of working
• Able to work under pressure, on several priorities at once, and with tight deadlines
• Great at working with other people, sharing and communicating decisions
• Keen to improve what we do for our clients and how we do it
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.