Solutions Architect, thinkFolio
IHS Markit provides innovative products and services that enhance transparency, reduce risk and improve operational efficiency. Our customers include banks, hedge funds, asset managers, central banks, regulators, auditors, fund administrators and insurance companies. We develop large scale technology platforms and enterprise software to produce global financial data with focus on analysis and regulatory requirements.
thinkFolio is a leading provider of cross-asset portfolio modelling and management tools, compliance and trading functions for asset managers on the buy side
thinkFolio requires a strong Solutions Architect with a strong track record building C#-based real-time and high-performing distributed applications, cloud native concepts (we use AWS) and ideally front-end technology (React preferred) to work on rebuilding its end-to-end platform with state-of-the-art modern technology.
thinkFolio is embarking on a multi-year expansion program and is looking for strong and passionate engineers to help expand the core capabilities of the platform, advance our cloud native strategy and more generally help built out our best of breed platform to support this growing business. The architect will work on designing and implementing the new core backend architecture for the next generation thinkFolio platform, working with existing engineers and product stakeholders on this multi-year ambitious initiative.
Duties & accountabilities
- Work with all relevant senior stakeholders and engineers to define the architecture for key components in thinkFolio's next generation platform
- Define multi-year data backend and services strategy for the new platform
- Define standards and document thinking and existing components for the new platform using best of breed tools and standards
- Build up knowledge and understanding of the current application and its challenges
- Maintain current knowledge of technology landscape and developments
- Focus on cloud enablement to increase ROI and create new business opportunities
- Track, analyze and monitor technology performance metrics of managed products
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation, and creativity
- Mentor team on technology and other work-related aspects.
- Drive innovation and adaption of best practices.
Education and experience
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant real-world experience
- 12+ years of development experience building enterprise software or platforms in a financial environment (still hands on)
- Good commercial experience working as a senior architect on a large complex platform
- Good commercial building large, distributed platforms in C#
- Very good understanding of cloud technology (AWS preferred)
- Experience building real time applications handling large complex datasets (Gbs, not Tbs)
- Ability to deliver products in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Should have excellent architecture and design skills
- Strong understanding of and ability to apply architectural patterns
- Deep and practical understanding of modern distributed architecture design
- Solid understanding of more than one database technology technology (RMDBS, NoSQL, etc)
- Can handle both front-end and backend architectural design
- Preferably has experience in financial software development.
- Preference for exposure to multi-asset OMS / PMS platforms
- No management requirement for this role
- Passionate technologist
- Thought leader with focus on delivery and innovation
- Displays energy, drive and stamina
- Analytical and can work with the business stakeholder's daily
- Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations.
- Comfortable working with global teams operating across different time zones.
- Must be an excellent communicator both written and verbally.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with overseas team.
IHS Markit is a leading global diversified provider of financial information services. We provide products that enhance transparency, reduce risk and improve operational efficiency. Our customers include banks, hedge funds, asset managers, central banks, regulators, auditors, fund administrators and insurance companies. Founded in 2003, we employ over 3,000 people in 11 countries. For more information, please see www.ihsmarkit.com Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, because we are a United States (US) federal contractor, we are requiring all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief. The company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.