Solutions Architect Manager - AWS Greenfield
This role is within the UK organisation and you will be working with Enterprise Greenfield (new business) customers. Your team members will leverage their deep knowledge of AWS technologies and enterprise-grade workloads to impact how solutions are proposed, architected and implemented for potential and existing customers. Your team will have the opportunity to lead some of the world's largest businesses on their journey to the cloud, migrating and architecting and optimizing their workloads
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced technical manager to lead a solutions architecture team that helps Enterprise Greenfield customers succeed using AWS technologies. In this role, you will hire and develop some of the industry's best cloud-based solutions architects, coach them on cloud adoption best practices, empower them to further develop their technical areas of depth as well as their communication, presentation and strategic advisory skills. You will be partnering with other teams within AWS such as account management, service teams, partner teams, marketing, and professional services, prioritizing your initiatives and aligning goals to maximize long term value.
You and your team will shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of AWS services within Enterprise Greenfield customers in the UK, many of whom are new to cloud. You will be interacting directly with customers to better understand their needs and align the right resources and tools to maximize their success. You will be measuring and delivering results, while staying in touch with the pace of innovation of the AWS technology and its use cases. You will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well so that you can shape the customer and solutions-focused initiatives of your team. You will get to practice your creativity in driving the link from technology to tangible solutions and educating customers about the art of the possible. Central to this will be your leadership in driving Solutions Architects to create cutting edge reference architectures for a variety of use cases and other technical artifacts to help customers migrate workloads to the cloud.
The ideal candidate has experience building, leading and developing talented teams of senior engineers or solutions architects. Customer-facing experience is preferred, practical knowledge of the AWS platform is desired but not required, provided you have sound leadership skills and a strong technical foundation in secure, scalable and reliable IT architectures.
At Amazon you will be encouraged and rewarded for doing what is right for the long-term success of the customer. We value your passion to discover, invent and build on behalf of customers.
Amazon has always been, and always will be, committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek builders from all backgrounds to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects and Solution Architecture Managers; you should be an exceptional builder of great people
• Coach Solutions Architects to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many technical sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using AWS
• In partnership with account management teams, formulate and execute a customer-focused strategy to drive adoption of AWS
• Guide and prioritize the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices
• Own the technical strategy that will increase customer value and adoption of well-architected AWS solutions across Enterprise Greenfield customers
• Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience leading and growing teams of senior technology professionals, ideally in customer facing roles
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organisations, with both technical and non-technical audiences
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills
• Technical Degree (Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Passion for technology and learning