Solar Development Manager, Global Renewable Energy Investment Platform, London, UK
11337 About our client
Our client is a newly formed investment platform, backed by one of the world's largest institutional fund managers. They are looking for a Solar Development Manager to join their globally focused renewable energy investment and development team, in London. With a strong focus on producing sustainable clean power while maximising returns for our investors, our client places strong emphasis on how they approach each aspect of the project lifecycle. What the job involves
The role is focussed within the broader team which is responsible for originating and evaluating new investment opportunities and building out greenfield development projects to meet its target of 4GW of late stage assets.
Who we are looking for
- Play a strategic in role in evaluating new regional opportunities or business opportunities for the platform to pursue, by taking into consideration the additional value-add provided by our shareholders.
- Responsible in developing a project or portfolio of projects, including contributing to the overall Solar PV portfolio strategy, reporting through to a Development Director.
- Oversee and sign off of final legal agreements with landowner(s) with direction from our legal team, evaluate design of site, access and grid solutions.
- Oversee and sign off of the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)/planning application process and full implementation of the planning consent to deliver construction and operation.
- Play a strategic in role in evaluating new regional opportunities or business opportunities for the platform to pursue, by taking into consideration the additional value add provided by our shareholders.
- Manage the entire process required to ensure compliance for any auction process including developing bidding strategy and managing information and materials that need to be submitted.
- Must have a finance/MBA/engineering background, who has been involved in site evaluation, full development cycle, including being exposed to grid connection and EPC selection.
- Have a broad technical knowledge over the development process and/or technical specialism in one or more of the following areas, providing the expertise in this area within the team: negotiation and securing land interests, GIS/technical data skills, EIA, planning, grid connection
- Experience in emerging markets is essential together with a willingness to pursue such market opportunities.
- Strong commercial mindset, able to understand the impact of development decisions on returns and continually seek sustainable ways to improve returns during the development lifecycle.