Software Test Analyst
- Competitive Salary Package
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 12 Jul 18 2018-07-12
The Software Test Analyst role will primarily be to prepare and participate in all aspects of release management, effectively co-ordinating the preparation and management of the UAT & Regression cycles for desktop application and web applications (preferably AJAX-based web applications).
Due to the continued growth of our Application Support department we are now looking for a Software Test Analyst to join the team. Application Support is responsible for supporting, maintaining and improving our business related internal systems. This includes specifying system changes and testing new developments to the systems.
The Software Test Analyst role will primarily be to prepare and participate in all aspects of release management, effectively co-ordinating the preparation and management of the UAT & Regression cycles for desktop application and web applications (preferably AJAX-based web applications). This includes static testing of requirements, creating all necessary test artefacts, supporting the business users in their execution (as well as conducting some execution) and raising/retesting bugs, followed by post release support to the production support team. Also, to assist in the automation initiative, contributing to the test automation strategy covering the various QA phases and creation of automated test cases; developing, executing and maintaining the automation suites
Your Primary Responsibilities:
- Analysing test basis of each change, design and create test conditions, test data, test cases and/or scripts, as well as any other test artefacts, to be executed by self and other staff members
- Test Execution, primarily for SIT/UAT
- Managing the execution of Business testing within the planned release
- Developing the desktop application based automation testing; creating, executing and maintaining our automated test
- Understanding the fundamentals of testing, SDLC (in particular the Test lifecycle within) and available methodologies, to then utilise them with Transacts internal practices/approaches to support continuous improvement
- Liaising with the business, to ensure test plans deliver the degree of assurance required for successful delivery and that testing is performed in line with agreed standards
- Identifying and utilising appropriate testing techniques and procedures in order to ensure proper testing coverage
- Maintaining and extending existing test frameworks as new functionality is introduced
- Co-ordinating execution, managing defects (raise and retest) as well as any other testing issues through to successful test completion
- Providing test progress reporting (from single change to project/release level) to all relevant parties and stakeholders via summary MI and, when required, a detailed MI
- Contributing to successful skills transfer to in-house staff and to mentor business users/subject matter experts in all aspects of Test Analyst tasks
We are looking for first class individuals, with good experience in test automation and strong manual test preparation skills. Ideally you will be experienced in all aspects of release management (from change request creation, testing and defect management), with a good understanding of test fundamentals and approaches, and applying them to testing data-rich financial based systems.
You must have experience of working within a change management team alongside BA’s and Developers, having performed all common tasks associated to the Test lifecycle, with a proven capability to cope with high pressure environments, hard deadlines, agile builds and short-term changes mid-release. Proven strong attention to detail and analytical skills are a necessity. The candidate will preferably have ISEB Foundation level of software testing (or equivalent) and ideally be educated to degree level.
You will need solid experience in a variety of test-related roles and technologies including experience of automated testing, preferably SmartBear (Test Complete), with a proven track-record for producing strong coverage, sufficient test cases. A solid understanding of test methodologies and practices is essential. Substantial knowledge of software testing and the SDLC, and test’s place within that would be beneficial. You must have had a proven track record of diagnosing, reporting, tracking and resolving defects. Ideally you will have hands on JIRA experience and must have worked in financial services with an excellent understanding of investment and financial products in the UK. The successful candidate will be expected to perform side-by-side reviews of our business departments to then apply their Test skills to the business practices and processes to design effective test cases and robust regression packs.