This role will provide procurement expertise across the group in order to maximise the long term value from all that the bank procures. This will involve the identification and implementation of global procurement opportunities in a geographically dispersed environment with respect to supplier management, sourcing, systems, processes and reporting. The role will be based in London.
A Global financial services company is Looking for a Specialist IT Procurement Manager to Join their team
Overview Of Role
This role will provide procurement expertise across the group in order to maximise the long term value from all that the bank procures. This will involve the identification and implementation of global procurement opportunities in a geographically dispersed environment with respect to supplier management, sourcing, systems, processes and reporting. The role will be based in London. The Procurement Manager would have a core focus on the IT category with the following responsibilities:
- Category management including strategic sourcing, contract, performance and risk management across a broad range of IT categories.
- Leading on Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) across the IT supply chain.
- Activity delivery across a spectrum of business areas to determine the appropriate approach to market, optimum commercial models and supplier relationships for a product/service.
- To work closely with internal business colleagues to understand their requirements, mapping these to the sourcing strategy in line with overall procurement strategy.
- To provide procurement services that deliver maximum commercial advantage to the bank including selection and application of appropriate procurement processes for a particular product/service.
- Challenging and influencing business stakeholders where appropriate to ensure the best outcome for the bank.
- To negotiate appropriate commercial and contractual arrangements with technology suppliers for all products/services.
- Champion continual improvement and procurement best practice within the global business.
- Reporting on procurement activities, including savings and benefits achieved to management.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Demonstrable experience of successfully operating within a strategic procurement team
- Notable level of IT category expertise including major outsourcing arrangements
- Experience of standing up a supplier relationship management (SRM) framework
- Flexible approach to work with an ability to adapt to change
- Excellent levels of communication, able to influence and persuade others, whilst building strong working relationships
- Track record of global/regional delivery across complex environments
- Demonstrable experience of utilising and managing procurement systems and tools
- Strong analytics experience in order to understand and interpret information bringing insight
- Excellent organisation, presentation and problem solving skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent IT and numeracy skills
Desirable Skills / Experience
- CIPS qualified
- Financial Services experience
- Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
- Friendly, approachable, enjoys working with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a dynamic and time critical environment
- Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks self improvement
- Earn respect from colleagues and willing to complete tasks at either end of the complexity spectrum.
Trading as Aston Carter. Allegis Group Limited, Maxis 2, Western Road, Bracknell, RG12 1RT, United Kingdom. No. 2876353. Aston Carter is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, Talentis Solutions, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice at https://www.allegisgroup.com/en-gb/privacy-notices for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.