Asset Management Technology Equities is seeking a well-rounded hands-on web developer that is experienced in modern web development, deployment and support. The candidate will be part of the Global Equities Data Science team, collaborating with data scientists and technologists to deliver the web application for the end users.
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally. The candidate will be responsible for:
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Prototype new designs to get the user feedback quickly
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements from the business stakeholders
- Find the best way to visualise quantitative data for research analysts and portfolio managers
- Cooperate with the UX team to match visual design intent
- Code reviews of colleagues' PRs
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- HTML, CSS
- Testing libraries (Jest, Enzyme, ...)
- Charting libraries (HighCharts, D3, ...)
- Creative Problem-Solving: Approaching data organization challenges with a clear eye on what is important; employing the right approach/methods to make the maximum use of time and human resources.
- Effective Collaboration: Carefully listening to management, data scientists and data architects to establish their needs.
- Intellectual Curiosity: Exploring new territories and finding creative and unusual ways to solve data visualisation problems.
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It's our mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co, you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, out team of 40,000 + technologist design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
All internal moves will normally take place on the same grade and same salary. Salaries are reviewed annually in February. Exceptions to the rule regarding transfer on current salary may include a move between geographic locations.
© 2018 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran