Software Engineer (Go/Python) - Enterprise Knowledge Graph
The Office of the CTO focuses on corporate technical strategy and research to deliver the companies objectives. This includes practical engagement with all business units on product design, architecture, technology selection and governance. The office strives for horizontal alignments across all business units to benefit from economies of scale and maintains a focus on innovation to keep ahead of market trends creating new business value. Within the Office of the CTO, the Enterprise Knowledge Graph team focuses on the production of quality software related the development of the global knowledge platform, which intends to connect all data within IHS Markit through common linking methodologies and inference. The candidate would be working in dynamic development culture as part of OCTO, driving success through software design, delivery of reference implementations and general knowledge sharing. Accountable for the successful execution of technology projects including support and maintenance releases, minor functional releases and major products. Further, candidate would be expert at adapting easily to rapidly changing environments to ensure bottom-line success with leadership capabilities that enable he/she to work well independently or as part of a team. Your Role
You will be a key member of the IHS Markit EKG team. Reporting into the EKG Development manager, you will drive... Key responsibilities include:
- Software design and development required to implement the Enterprise Knowledge Graph utilizing CI/CD and cloud engineering design patterns
- Define and engineer common data modelling, design, and coding practices
- Work within an agile framework supporting the definition of work tasks and estimation to deliver predictable work
- Collaborate with OCTO Enterprise Architects and business units on feature requirements and implementation design
- Identifying software solutions and/or new technologies based upon business value drivers, proven architecture principles, patterns and return on investment
What we offer
- 3 + years of experience in software development/design in relevant technology disciplines
- Experienced with hands on full stack development in progressive stacks, such as Go, Python, Node.js and Terraform
- Cloud/SaaS/Web Services development, using SOA architectures. AWS preferred
- Experience building graph databases (Neo4J)
- Deep understanding of RDBMS, SQL, OLAP, OLTP and NoSQL alternatives • Familiarity with building on and deploying containerized services to 3rd party platforms such as AWS
- Docker, ECS, Kubernetes or similar orchestration technologies
- Knowledge applying a test-driven CI/CD framework and culture at a team level
- A background with Big Data driven analysis and productization
• Fully remote working environment
• Flexible working hours to allow you to attend your family
• Cash incentive plan and equity award
• Opportunity to work with world experts in the field Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.