You will be part of a chilled but knowledgeable, Agile, enthusiastic, autonomous technology team who has full control over development, testing, deployment and infrastructure itself. There is no “throw it over the wall” mentality and there is no wait involved in provisioning what you need to build and deploy your product. We don't talk about Continuous Deployment to Production, we have implemented it.
- Play active role in design, development, automated testing, performance analysis, and deployment efforts of your team
- Perform code reviews to create more efficient, reusable and testable code
- Collaborate with team to develop consistent and clear API specifications
- Help set the engineering direction of the product
- Communicate project status to team members and external stakeholders as required
- Work with Product Management to understand and solve business issues
- Develop and own high-performance APIs, libraries and UI frameworks that support a highly-available, public-facing web application
- Mentor and coach less experienced engineering team to improve process and technical capability
- Extensive experience building RESTful Web API’s and integration systems with Java
- Experience or Familiarity with serverless function based architectures (ie AWS Lambda)
- Experience or Familiarity with AWS (EC2, DynamoDB, Lambda, API Gateway, CloudWatch, Code Pipeline, Code Deploy) preferred
- Experience or Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL Databases (Postgres and DynamoDB preferred)
- Experience building large scale APIs and web applications
- Experience or Familiarity with event-driven microservice architectures and domain-driven design
- Experience with Bitbucket a plus
- Experience or Familiarity with CI/CD tools (AWS CodeStar, Jenkins, Automated Testing, etc.) preferred
- Experience or Familiarity with infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation a plus
- At least two to five years’ experience with analyzing, designing, coding, building, testing, and deploying application systems in a business environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or a related field, AWS certified dev
- Capable of motivating and energizing the very best software developers, as well as becoming a respected mentor and point of contact.
- Experience with Angular and Nwrl Nx a huge plus
- Experience of working with mixed on-shore and off-shore teams
- Understanding of Scrum and agile software development process
- Fast learner with an insatiable appetite to learn more
- Any commercial development experience in modern object-oriented languages especially in Java is a plus
Material and Equipment Directly Used
All employees are given powerful MacBook Pro laptops with secondary monitors.
Working Environment/Physical Activities
Hybrid working – partial home and office. We have a casual office environment with ping-pong table, video games, free fresh coffee and a dining area for downtime. Further travel will rarely be required, but requires the ability to transport a laptop and peripherals and handheld device.